Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Grist for the Mill » Why am I such an idiot?

Author Topic: Why am I such an idiot?
Wordcaster
Member # 9183

- posted      Profile for Wordcaster   Email Wordcaster         Edit/Delete Post 
I just labored over making sure my manuscript was formatted perfectly and just sent in a submission to a magazine.

I entered my email address in the magazine's online form, and double checked it before sending it off.

Then I realized I put my email as username@google.com

IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE username@gmail.com!!!

Why am I such an idiot?

Posts: 475 | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grayson Morris
Member # 9285

- posted      Profile for Grayson Morris           Edit/Delete Post 
Don't suppose you happen to be a Google employee? :-)

On the off chance there is a Google employee with your username (if it's not so unique as to preclude that), you could send an e-mail to the address yourself, telling them what you've done, just in case That Very Important Response comes through before you've cleared it up with the publication.

Posts: 381 | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wordcaster
Member # 9183

- posted      Profile for Wordcaster   Email Wordcaster         Edit/Delete Post 
Grayson,
No, I'm not a google employee. Just an idiot. No one would have my username at google, so I'm sure it got sent to neverneverland.

I replied to the magazine apologetically informing them of my error (as instructed on the confirmation page indicating that an autoresponse was sent to youareanabsoluteidiot@google.com. It said to respond if I didn't receive an email within 24 hrs).

Hopefully there is a tech person correcting foolish mistakes and not an editor.

[This message has been edited by Wordcaster (edited March 05, 2011).]

Posts: 475 | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elilyn
Member # 9426

- posted      Profile for elilyn   Email elilyn         Edit/Delete Post 
On the bright side, I hear google is hiring!
Posts: 46 | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wordcaster
Member # 9183

I better interview quick so I can get a job with my errant email address in time to catch my rejection slip.
Foste
Member # 8892

- posted      Profile for Foste   Email Foste         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't panic, they'll probably sort it out. Something similar happened to me one night while I was firing off a submission through a submission form. My internet was sluggish at best so I kept clicking and clicking... You get the idea. I apologized, but as I see it no harm was done.
Posts: 628 | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

- posted      Profile for LDWriter2   Email LDWriter2         Edit/Delete Post 

I may have been something of an idiot too. I mailed, E-mailed and internet formed various stories yesterday and I discovered I may have spelled Sun MIne--Sun Mind in the title of one story. Oops. But if that was the only bad thing about the story I would be doing very good.

Posts: 5289 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post 
I kicked myself this morning for realizing something about the story I dropped in the mail the day before...it and the story I finished and mailed out before that (still out) share something in common. Both take place at a "secret base."

I know I could have changed the more recent story...made the "base" a "retreat" or an "isolated mansion" or something...I know I should have...but I didn't think of it until it's too late.

Posts: 8809 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.