Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Grist for the Mill » Careers you wish you had (besides writing)? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Careers you wish you had (besides writing)?
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post 
I generally put the garbage on the edge of my driveway, the recyclables on the property line, about six feet apart...and the horticulture, for which you can still use your old cans or just put your palm fronds on the ground, somewhere in between.

Maybe this'd be better in Random Musings...

Posts: 8809 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, for some reason, I can't get to the last (55th) page of Random Musings. Tried from the forum page, tried from Page 54, tried from Page One. Did we finally "fill it till it won't fill no more?"
Posts: 8809 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post 
Could it be off the page so that you need to scroll horizontally to see the link? Or are you saying the link doesn't work, Robert?
Posts: 8826 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

Nah, I could find the link all the time, it just wouldn't load. And it worked a minute ago (see post there for comments).

You can cross "computer troubleshooter" off the list of jobs I can handle...

Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

I had a semiserious thought about possible jobs...I'm sure I've put this up somewhere 'round here, somewhere before, but it's applicable...

In my early twenties, I took up the guitar, all on my own, learning enough to pick a little and chord around several favorite songs. (I never got that good.) But I couldn't sing and play at the same time, and I thought that was a "given" for playing as a career---at least what I had in mind.

A few years ago, I ran across a quote from John Lennon in one of the countless Beatles books (I pick up nearly every one). He, more or less, stated that after he took up the guitar, it was some two years before he could play and sing without thinking about either.

If I had known that---if I had realized playing and singing at the same time could be learned, rather than something you were born with---I might have pursued music as a career.

Raker
Member # 9449

- posted      Profile for Raker           Edit/Delete Post 
I have wanted to be a submarine captain since I was about eleven years old. "The Hunt for Red October" is one of my favorite movies.
Posts: 8 | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.