Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Grist for the Mill » Glad to be Back!

Author Topic: Glad to be Back!
Meredith
Member # 8368

- posted      Profile for Meredith   Email Meredith         Edit/Delete Post 
Whew! Hatrack was down for a long time. SOOO glad it's finally back up.

We'll have some catching up to do.

Posts: 4633 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
axeminister
Member # 8991

- posted      Profile for axeminister   Email axeminister         Edit/Delete Post 
Seriously, I self pubbed the novels I wrote during the downtime.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 1543 | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
History
Member # 9213

- posted      Profile for History   Email History         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, Dustin. Provide the links.

Respectfully,
Dr. Bob

Posts: 1475 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JenniferHicks
Member # 8201

- posted      Profile for JenniferHicks   Email JenniferHicks         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah! Hatrack, I missed you.
Posts: 968 | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Delli
Member # 9202

- posted      Profile for Delli   Email Delli         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh man.... That was a loooong time.

HOW COULD YOU JUST CUT ME OFF COLD TURKEY, HATRACK. [Eek!] [Eek!]

I've got withdrawal shakes.

So good to be back. Soooo Gooood.....

Ok, I'm cool now. [Cool]

Posts: 96 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EVOC
Member # 9381

- posted      Profile for EVOC   Email EVOC         Edit/Delete Post 
I notice we did get a mass email from KDW but it was some time after it went down. It would be nice to get a mass email either prior to it going down. When that is not possible, getting one mass email when it goes down.

The notice would be nice is all.

But I am glad to be back. Hopefully it won't go down for again anytime soon.

Posts: 725 | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry about the delay on the email. (There'll be another delay while I figure out how to send a "We're back in business" mass email with this new software.)

I didn't send anything right away because I wasn't notified either, and I kept thinking it would be back up quickly.

I guess I waited too long to email the webmaster and ask what was going on, and I apologize for that.

I did send the mass email out as soon as I knew.

But I agree, it would have been nice to have been told in advance.

Posts: 8826 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy to be back...things sure look different when you've been away awhile...

By the way, I found by accident that I could get to some of the underlying posted pages from links on Google. I suppose if anybody wanted to see what was being said in the old board's final minutes, they could Google the topic or some phrase they used in it...of course, they'd have to remember it...

(I didn't think to try to post anything---the one that came up was several months old.)

Posts: 8809 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crystal Stevens
Member # 8006

- posted      Profile for Crystal Stevens   Email Crystal Stevens         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh my but that was too long to go without my daily Hatrack fix. Praised be it's up a running again. Now, just maybe, I'll be fit to live with again. At least my husband should be happier [Big Grin] .
Posts: 1320 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post 
Someone here want to do an experiment for me?

1--Post a "test" reply (just put the word "test" in the reply). Once one person does it, that person is my experimenter, okay? I don't need all of you to do that.

2--Once there is one post that says "test," I will tell you want I want you to see if you can do.

Thanks.

Posts: 8826 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snapper
Member # 7299

- posted      Profile for snapper   Email snapper         Edit/Delete Post 
So i noticed we've been all assigned number, Ms #59. My question is, whose the ellusive #1? What happened to the other 58 people who proceeded you?

Despite arriving 2705 members after you did, I see Robert is less than 200 posts from you. When he passes you, should we call him He Who Must Be Obeyed?

Posts: 3072 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

Thank you, snapper. I'll respond to your second post after I tell you what I'd like to do in the experiment, okay?

3--see if you can delete your "test" post.

Thank you again.

Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

I checked the registrants, and there is no #1. Of those with numbers from 2-58, who all registered back in 1999, only 19 have commented more than 9 times (comments numbered in the double or triple digits), and only 5 of them have commented over 100 times.

I don't know why my number is 59, because I registered on June 30, 1998 (before the others). <shrug>

And, no, you may not call Robert that, because he's not the administrator. Verbosity is not a measure of must-obey-ness. Sorry.

Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

4--Please let me know what happened when you tried to delete your "test" post?
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
should we call him He Who Must Be Obeyed?
Yeah, right.

Just another thing I'm trying out...

Posts: 8809 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snapper
Member # 7299

- posted      Profile for snapper   Email snapper         Edit/Delete Post 
It disappeared. Gone.

Okay, if Robert passes you can we call him King Hatrack? Maybe you could change his hatrack name to reflect it? [Smile]

Posts: 3072 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

Thank you, thank you! People can delete their own posts in this version of the forum.

Again, thank you for conducting this experiment for me, snapper.

If Robert were to change his hatrack name, he'd have to register all over again. And all of his messages would be attached to his old hatrack name. And then where would he be?

EVOC
Member # 9381

- posted      Profile for EVOC   Email EVOC         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Kathleen Dalton Woodbury:
Sorry about the delay on the email. (There'll be another delay while I figure out how to send a "We're back in business" mass email with this new software.)

I didn't send anything right away because I wasn't notified either, and I kept thinking it would be back up quickly.

I guess I waited too long to email the webmaster and ask what was going on, and I apologize for that.

I did send the mass email out as soon as I knew.

But I agree, it would have been nice to have been told in advance.

Just suggestions for next time, which hopefully won't be for some time. But I am sure there is things like maintenance and such that may take the site down.

It would have been nice for the webmaster to say something before being asked. Live and learn.

Anyway it is glad to be back. And I like that we can delete our own posts. The quoting seems easy too.

Posts: 725 | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

Posting so many messages here is easy...all one has to be is (1) devoted to the art and craft of writing, and (2) a lonely troll of a human being with no social life whatsoever...

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.