Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Grist for the Mill » I'm not missing

Author Topic: I'm not missing
EVOC
Member # 9381

- posted      Profile for EVOC   Email EVOC         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey everyone. I'm not missing or anything. I can't remember if I posted anything here or not but the last few months have been hell. End of October I was suspended from my job out of nowhere with no explanation for weeks. Then they finally fired me in the middle of November. At the same time my Landlord threw us out (the rent was paid, he just didn't want us there anymore. I think to sell the house). Anyway, I had to be out by December 15th. Well, that was all the final straw for me so I did something I've wanted to do for years and moved to Washington. I'm finally getting settled in, though my wife is still working down in California for a while longer. That means I am alone with these kids and it doesn't leave much time to do much of anything. That and looking for work, and running my magazine. Anyway, I finally got a chance to come on here and update everyone.

Hope all is good. I'm trying to find my writing and creative groove but dealing with my wife being away and stuff has made things a bit rough on my creative mind.

Posts: 725 | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, been there done that (except actually getting thrown out of the house). Does where you work have a union? If so, did you contact them?
Posts: 8809 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crystal Stevens
Member # 8006

- posted      Profile for Crystal Stevens   Email Crystal Stevens         Edit/Delete Post 
And I thought we were having it bad. I feel for you, EVOC, I really do and hope and pray that things get better for you.
Posts: 1320 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post 
Best wishes, EVOC. If your creative energies get used up just managing life, then think about all the experience you're gaining. It will be grist for the mill when things settle down and you can write again. What a reservoir you're filling with all of this!
Posts: 8826 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EVOC
Member # 9381

- posted      Profile for EVOC   Email EVOC         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks guys.

Robert, there is no union. I am getting unemployment from California, but it is hardly something I want to stay on.

Thank you Crystal.

KDW, I have started to find a creative groove again. So hopefully things start flowing through the keyboard again soon.

I think really the hardest part is having my wife away in California while we are up here. There are a lot of new things to see and do up here but she isn't around to enjoy them with us. That and the lack of adult interaction drives me a bit mad. LOL

Posts: 725 | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, depending on certain details like what your job actually was and what (if anything) your employer said, if you were suspended and then fired for no good reason, you might have an EEOC complaint...
Posts: 8809 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.