Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Grist for the Mill » Motivation/lack of motivation-what's the difference?

Author Topic: Motivation/lack of motivation-what's the difference?
Brooke18
Member # 10220

- posted      Profile for Brooke18   Email Brooke18         Edit/Delete Post 
If you asked me if I have a motivation problem, I would say yes. I get very lazy and sidetracked very easily. However, after watching To Save A Life-a 2 hour Christian movie about faith and friends-I became overwhelmingly motivated to live my life for God. This has been an ongoing struggle between my longing for a fully complete Christian life and my lack of motivation to make it come true. Since that movie however, I have decided to write down every motivational phrase that inspires or moves me on a sticky note and tape it to the wall of my college apartment. It has served as a reminder to stay motivated, even if I feel to lazy to read it, because I know what I wrote down. Today, lack of motivation...no longer exists! Praise God!
Posts: 114 | Registered: Feb 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

- posted      Profile for LDWriter2   Email LDWriter2         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Brooke18:
If you asked me if I have a motivation problem, I would say yes. I get very lazy and sidetracked very easily. However, after watching To Save A Life-a 2 hour Christian movie about faith and friends-I became overwhelmingly motivated to live my life for God. This has been an ongoing struggle between my longing for a fully complete Christian life and my lack of motivation to make it come true. Since that movie however, I have decided to write down every motivational phrase that inspires or moves me on a sticky note and tape it to the wall of my college apartment. It has served as a reminder to stay motivated, even if I feel to lazy to read it, because I know what I wrote down. Today, lack of motivation...no longer exists! Praise God!

Good.... [Smile]

But that is one thing that needs continual fueling...rather it's the Christian life or writing we can lose motivation over time.

My Pastor has just started a series that deals with that along with other related issues. and they do a free podcast.

Anyway keep it up. [Smile]

Posts: 5289 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brooke18
Member # 10220

Thanks! Yeah, it's like internal battle but honestly, it keeps me aware of where I stand spiritually. It keeps me analyzing myself. I am determined not to lose this fight though!
Posts: 114 | Registered: Feb 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

Meant to say this last night.

You may know this already but I figure it wouldn't hurt to say it anyway. [Smile]

Anyway, listen to Christian music. Casting Crowns just came out with a new album with songs that may relate to where you are right now.

If you don't have a local k-love station try klove.com. There are other good christian radio stations but K-love has a challenge going on. Listen to nothing but christian music for 30 days and see if you feel more encouraged .

Posts: 5289 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brooke18
Member # 10220

Yeah, I do love Casting Crowns!When I'm in my car I listen to 89.7/WMHK but sometimes I just get tired of the talking and I end up turning it.
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

quote:
Yeah, I do love Casting Crowns!When I'm in my car I listen to 89.7/WMHK but sometimes I just get tired of the talking and I end up turning it.

Is that a klove station?

But adding writing to this mix have you heard the latest from Francesca Battistelli?

I had to look up her name I usually can't remember how to pronounce her last so I call her the lady with the torn pants and dented fender. [Razz]

Brooke18
Member # 10220

haha you know I'm not sure if it's a klove station but it's good! Francesca Battistelli is good but I'm not sure if I've heard her latest. I do agree with you about her name but I always have the hardest time spelling it!
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

quote:
haha you know I'm not sure if it's a klove station but it's good! Francesca Battistelli is good but I'm not sure if I've heard her latest. I do agree with you about her name but I always have the hardest time spelling it!

I gave you a hint on what her song is about [Wink]

but this time around it doesn't sound so much like her. Still good though.

Brooke18
Member # 10220

ooooohhh I got it now!I had a brain fart!(I get a lot of those!)

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.