Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Character Interviews » Reagan

Author Topic: Reagan
Reagansgame
Member # 8149

- posted      Profile for Reagansgame   Email Reagansgame         Edit/Delete Post 
Is Sam Kent selling tickets or something? How did you get in here?

Writers...

If you want to know more about me... go down to your local book merchant. Samuel tells me I'm famous. Do you know what writers do where I come from? Starve. Accidently fall onto someone's dagger or run through a bullet. I'd leave, quickly, if I were you. I don't want to kill anyone, but you can thank Sam Kent if you wake up with a severed limb problem. He has a way of making people around me die. That's if they are lucky. Sometimes, he makes them come back, and that's even worse. And if you think he'll show any kind of mercy on you because you are like him with your pen and paper and soft hands, think again. Just ask him what he did to my son. When I buried Ruston, I was happy. Do you have that word in your world? Happy, it means I hit my knees and thanked my god, because my son died on his first birthday and didn't have to live under the rule of Sam Kent.

Does that say enough about me? I'm empty. I'm a puppet. That's who Reagan DuSaint is.

Posts: 243 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KayTi
Member # 5137

- posted      Profile for KayTi           Edit/Delete Post 
How old are you, Reagan? I'm guessing you're a woman, but is that true? Have you ever been pregnant or had any children?

Where were you born? Do you still live there? If not, do you miss it?

Posts: 1911 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annepin
Member # 5952

- posted      Profile for annepin   Email annepin         Edit/Delete Post 
Clearly, someone needs to do something about this Sam Kent fellow. Any ideas?
Posts: 2185 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reagansgame
Member # 8149

- posted      Profile for Reagansgame   Email Reagansgame         Edit/Delete Post 
If you insist on sticking around... it's your funeral.

I'm not a woman.
I don't remember my birthplace. I began my life at the age you see me today. I do not have any way of counting the years I've lived. I'm not an old man, but I am not a young one either. Grey has only started to creep into my hair.

After I went over there to Sam's world, he brought Sarah back from the dead. Things were good for a while. We had a son, that was Sam's twisted gift to our little family. Ruston Delaney DuSaint. On his first birthday, we watched him die -- very violently.

Posts: 243 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reagansgame
Member # 8149

If I could get back to him, I'd start by breaking Sam's fingers so he couldn't write anymore. That's where I would start, fixing the Sam Kent problem.
annepin
Member # 5952

Hm... intriguing. So Sam Kent has some control over your world, but obviously not complete control, it seems. How much independence do you have? Is there anything you can do to rebel?
Posts: 2185 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reagansgame
Member # 8149

I rebelled once. He repays me every day by making the woman I once loved suffer in front of me. Now I seek peace. I don't believe Sam can be trusted to give that to me if he is left alive.

The only way Sam Kent does not have control over my world is when we are in the same world. That day will come. I don't plan for anything more than justice.

annepin
Member # 5952

You told me you are a warrior. What is your weapon of choice?

This Sam Kent, in some measure, is much like Usia, though we submit to her will willingly. Nevertheless, have you considered that Sam Kent might be leading you to your true destiny? It is only through suffering that we grow stronger.

Reagansgame
Member # 8149

You are an interesting person to ask such discerning questions.

Unfortunately. You ask the wrong man. Great nobility is reserved for great men, and I am not a great man. I once believed myself to be, but when I discovered that Sam wrote me to be the man I was, and set me after his own warped destiny, I'm afraid I lost faith in everything and a man who has no faith can not answer your second question.

The only thing I still believe in is my weapon of choice. My derringers. I was created as a weapon, though, and I don't need iron.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.