Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Character Interviews » Michelle

Author Topic: Michelle
Unwritten
Member # 7960

- posted      Profile for Unwritten   Email Unwritten         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

I'm Michelle, and I may be one of the more messed up people you'll ever want to hang around with. You laugh, and say that I don't seem very messed up. After all, you just spent the evening playing pool with me, and putting quarters in the juke box, so I could listen to my favorite songs--especially that one, over and over.

Thanks for taking care of me tonight. I didn't want to go home. Not after the way I just blew the only real friendship I ever had. If you hadn't made the evening so pleasant, I probably would have spent it crying on the porch. Instead, you and your friends helped me forget all my troubles. I'm not so great at long term relationships. These one nighters are really my specialty--and I don't necessarily mean that in a sexual way. People are just more interesting when their newness hasn't worn off.

Is this your motorcycle? I don't think I've ever been on a motorcycle in the dark. Will you take me for a ride? Please? Oh wait, I can't. My author says I need to get back in her Nano book where I belong. She's totally annoyed at the way I was so much more likeable at first. I could have told her that would happen. I'm a high maintenance person, and trying to shove me into the role of a minor character was just asking for trouble. She says I can't have a bigger role unless I'm more sympathetic. You know, I do my best. I'm not a bad person. People like me. But I always have this uncontrollable urge to get out of their life before they can hurt me.

You know what? Quick. While she's distracted--get on the motorcycle and let's go!

Posts: 938 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
micmcd
Member # 7977

- posted      Profile for micmcd   Email micmcd         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, it's not my motorcycle, but... I mean, if you say so. The guy left the keys in the ignition, so it's like, totally meant for us.

That's cool with you, right? We'll bring it back sort of, so we're really only taking it for a spin. He'll hardly notice it's gone.

What do you say? You game?

Posts: 500 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
satate
Member # 8082

- posted      Profile for satate   Email satate         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll go with you, if I can keep the motorcycle when we're done. Why're you so jaded anyways. Not that I mind, I could care less if we don't become bosom friends.

[This message has been edited by satate (edited November 14, 2008).]

Posts: 968 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Unwritten
Member # 7960

Well, if it's not your motorcycle, we probably shouldn't take it. Would you even know how to turn it on? That's very cool. You're good at pool, you know all about motorcycles. Is there anything you're not good at?
Posts: 938 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Unwritten
Member # 7960

Your question has been bothering me. Why am I so jaded? I'd never really thought of myself as jaded before, just cautious. I don't know why I'd be jaded--although that's a great word, and it makes me seem mysterious. Nothing really awful ever happened to me. Maybe some personalities are just naturally more quirky than others.

I guess it was watching what happened to Heather and Sierra that really did it. They're my cousins, and they lived right down the road from me. No one was surprised when Heather got this amazing boyfriend--he had magic, just like her brother. She was pretty and sweet after all. But he turned out to be a fake. He used her to steal a magical orb from her brother, and then he killed her sister when she tried to stop him. It was awful, so I can't really be upset that the only one who thought to comfort me was my English teacher. It was kind of a rush, to think that he was willing to put so much on the line to be with me. I kind of got addicted to that rush, I think. And when he broke up with me by telling me he'd really always liked Jenny, but she was the good one, and so he'd settled for me, I vowed never to let anyone get close enough to hurt me again.

But now there's this guy--he's pretending to be my boyfriend so that he can play double agent. He's pretending to spy on us by being my boyfriend, but really he's spying on them. I've never had a boyfriend in my life! I keep messing it up, and it's humiliating to pretend that I think he likes me, and all the while he's watching Jenny, and wishing I was gone. So, yeah, let's get on that motorcycle, and ride away from here, just for a while.

satate
Member # 8082

- posted      Profile for satate   Email satate         Edit/Delete Post 
Swift here,

Men suck, I know. I grew up with a bunch of them, and not the nice kind. They're all thieves, some cruel, some less so. Are you sure this new guy is all bad though? I had given up on men when I met one good one, the only problem is that he is in love with someone else.

Do you really like this guy? I wouldn't hang out with anyone who didn't like me back, well except for this one guy. They just end up using you. You're better off alone.

Posts: 968 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.