Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Character Interviews » The Scarred King

Author Topic: The Scarred King
Gaudrhin
Member # 8557

- posted      Profile for Gaudrhin   Email Gaudrhin         Edit/Delete Post 
I am called Octeon Talmozan. I am King of Natiglys and father of Fellica Talmozan, who imprisoned me and six other monarchs in one repeating day for nearly six hundred years. To do it, she stole my heirloom, the Grass Diamond. I've finally gotten free, and am now prepared to take my inheritance back... if I could find it. Last I saw, a pair of upstart boys named Veril and Nor had it. I must get it back!

So, I'll take your questions now.

Posts: 50 | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gaudrhin
Member # 8557

Hmm... I suppose no one's that interested in speaking to a King. Hmph. You people wouldn't know manners if they bit you you in the hind end. I'll just Placehop out of here then, unless one of you comes up with something.
Posts: 50 | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben Trovato
Member # 7804

- posted      Profile for Ben Trovato   Email Ben Trovato         Edit/Delete Post 
By no means, your Majesty.

Please, return. Tell me about Fellica Talmozan. Surely your own daughter would not do such a thing?

Posts: 71 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gaudrhin
Member # 8557

Oh, I suppose Fellica has never gotten over being abandoned by her mother. I'll admit I was never the same after she left. I'll admit I grew violent, but that is probably because she insisted on stealing away some of my Kingdom. Fellica's mother was insufferable. I spent the bulk of Fellica's formative years warring with her mother to get my land back. In fact, most the last twenty odd years I have been at war with someone or other. When Fellica banished me with the Grass Diamond, the last thing she said to me was "The people WILL have peace." I suppose she was tired of all the wars.
shimiqua
Member # 7760

- posted      Profile for shimiqua   Email shimiqua         Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting.

Do you ever wonder if your daughter was right to imprison you? Is the world a better place without you in it? She could have killed you, or had you killed, yet she showed mercy.

Originally I thought she was the villian of your story, and I grow tired of men blaming women for their own mistakes. Now however, I wonder...

Tell me of your wife, Did you love her? Were you a man of honor, before she died?

You have no honor now, as I see it, not because you lost your trinket, but because you forfited your honor when you rose your hand to your innocent daughter.

If she is your enemy, than you'll find me thus. I stand with your daughter and hope that you fail.

Posts: 1201 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gaudrhin
Member # 8557

Do you ever wonder if your daughter was right to imprison you? Is the world a better place without you in it? She could have killed you, or had you killed, yet she showed mercy.

In looking back, I admit my daughter was right to imprison me. I was a warmonger and was not thinking of my people. She was always more merciful than I... a quality I believe she got from me. Before...

Tell me of your wife, Did you love her? Were you a man of honor, before she died?

I loved my wife with all my heart. She was of a noble house, but not one a prince should look to for a wife. Still, we loved each other from the first. And may I ask... who said my wife died?

You have no honor now, as I see it, not because you lost your trinket, but because you forfeited your honor when you rose your hand to your innocent daughter.

I never raised a hand to Fellica. How dare you assume that I did? You appear to have drawn conclusions about me, and the bulk of them are false. I never struck my daughter or even gave her a hard word until her uprising. I hardly gave any words to her.

Ben Trovato
Member # 7804

- posted      Profile for Ben Trovato   Email Ben Trovato         Edit/Delete Post 
This is fascinating.

So, your wife left and took part of your kingdom/authority along with her. Tell me: why did your wife leave you, then? Was she tired of war, too?

More importantly, how did you escape your daughter's trap? Were you rescued, or did you break out on your own? And what on Earth is Placehopping?

Posts: 71 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gaudrhin
Member # 8557

So, your wife left and took part of your kingdom/authority along with her. Tell me: why did your wife leave you, then? Was she tired of war, too?

She left me about a year after a certain incident that happened to me on the streets of Aelcrest, my capital. She said that I *changed* after that. She even went so far as to claim that I didn't love her anymore. The wars started after she left.

More importantly, how did you escape your daughter's trap? Were you rescued, or did you break out on your own?

I broke out when a pair of upstarts, Veril and Nor, suddenly appeared in Aelcrest, where I was trapped in solitude. Nor had my Grass Diamond in his possession. When I tried to wrestle it back from him, there was a green flash, and I'm now free.

And what on Earth is Placehopping?

Placehopping is a form of travel. It's not... teleportation, as you've heard of. It's simply a way of moving short distances quickly. It's similar to say, skipping or hopscotch, only each hop can be up to a few miles.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.