Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Character Interviews » Uthiel, Archmage of Urrien

Author Topic: Uthiel, Archmage of Urrien
Natej11
Member # 8547

- posted      Profile for Natej11   Email Natej11         Edit/Delete Post 
The creature before you is obviously not ikilid or ikialn. He is taller and broader, more fleshy and thickset. His hair is lank and dull, lacking any sort of sheen, and some of it actually grows on his face! Though he is fleshy, it is not from overeating. If anything, he looks haggard and emaciated, as far as you are a judge. His broad, ugly features seem to be set in permanent weariness and despair.

Though Dalnar is a large world, with many strange and interesting things to be found, it seems to you likely that this creature was not born here. Either that or is a freak.

"Abral's friend, are you?" he says wearily.
Well, I'm used to people staring. It's not like anyone around here has ever seen a human before.

Yes, this spell I'm maintaining is to hide the stink of necromancy. Before you call for the mancermortes you should know I'm a guest of Starhome-upon-the-Widewindy, under the protection of Astromancer Edina. Anyway the tale of why I reek of death magic is a long one, and I don't have to excuse myself to you.

(He looks away, expression haunted by some memory of unspeakable horror). Edina says you ikilids wouldn't have done the same as my people did if our situations were reversed, and I suppose given your circumstances she's probably right. Still, you'll get your chance to decide soon enough.

Ask your questions, then. At least speaking is less an intrusion than delving into my mind.

Edit: Nate Jones disclaimer. I have two character interviews with the name Uthiel in them. It's a recycled name for two different characters. Probably should have kept a better eye on that.

[This message has been edited by Natej11 (edited July 10, 2009).]

Posts: 620 | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DWD
Member # 8649

- posted      Profile for DWD   Email DWD         Edit/Delete Post 
I have never seen your kind here on Dalnar. How do you come to be here, and why would Edina be protecting you?
Posts: 88 | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Natej11
Member # 8547

- posted      Profile for Natej11   Email Natej11         Edit/Delete Post 
Not by her own choice, I assure you. Those who insist that the end cannot justify the means have never been in a true "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation.

As for why I'm here, sadly enough it seems I come as the harbinger of doom. Not simply to warn of it, but to inadvertently bring it with me. Archmage Hardan thought his last desperate measure an opportunity to bring warning to another world. But how could he know that mages with more skill than we possess could so easily decipher our spells?

(Uthiel seems to be holding his calm with an almost frightening rigid self-control. But at this point he breaks down and lets his head sink into his hands.) No. No no no. I swore I'd give them even my life to fight what I've brought, but I can't face another Erian Commonlands. I can't stand on another Venta Ocolai and watch hell come again!

Posts: 620 | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.