Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Character Interviews » Junki

Author Topic: Junki
Bent Tree
Member # 7777

- posted      Profile for Bent Tree   Email Bent Tree         Edit/Delete Post 
I am Junki, half-enlightened. I, the obedient tree, am head servant of The Enlightened Sun. I, of the Way-seeking Mind, am conveyer of Truth. I, the sanctioned steward, teach and practice the disciplines bestowed upon our blessed people. Chosen stewards left to regain harmony of humankind after its near extinction. It is my role to convey truth from the terrestrial incarnation, The Enlightened Sun, to our guardians. They are the clan of shadows, the five Bamboo Dragons. Guardians of our sanctuary, the Island of our fathers.
Posts: 1888 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grumpy old guy
Member # 9922

- posted      Profile for Grumpy old guy   Email Grumpy old guy         Edit/Delete Post 
And I am a fool. Who are you really, and what do you actually do? Apart from sound mysterious, that is.

Phil.

Posts: 1937 | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post 
You seem to couch yourself in riddles.
Posts: 8809 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bent Tree
Member # 7777

After my meditation with the enlightened one, i have been passed knowledge of your dialect and culture that better helps me to understand your communication.

I now recognize you as H. sapiens. I have not seen or spoken to a Human from outside of our Island since the seventh extinction. Your language is different than ours but it was given to me by the enlightened One.

To respond with the one, Robert Nowall. Our discipline mandates that we pusue only truth and enlightenment. I have no riddles. We are observers, one of our disciplines is to tread lightly as stewards to restore the balance of our existence.

My primary role is to receive knowledge from the Enlightened one and convey it to the humans of our Island. We have done so for nine hundred and eighty seven years since the seventh extinction.

Posts: 1888 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smiley
Member # 9379

- posted      Profile for Smiley   Email Smiley         Edit/Delete Post 
Are you an actual tree, Junki the half-enlightened, or is that a euphemism? You say your role is to restore the balance of your existence. Does that make you Human, as well?
Posts: 195 | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grumpy old guy
Member # 9922

- posted      Profile for Grumpy old guy   Email Grumpy old guy         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, that's all nice and cryptic but I ask again, who are you and what do you want? So far, all you've told is is what you are and what you're supposedly supposed to do, not what you actually do.

Phil.

Posts: 1937 | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post 
Then you're an intermediary between the Enlightened Sun and your guardians. Is what you do who you are, or is there more to you than that?
Posts: 8809 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bent Tree
Member # 7777

As we communicate, my mind also fills with questions. For every truth which is observed, reveals more questions. It is to this act that we are disciplined. The complexities of the universe are unfathomable, and therefore our journey can never be complete.

This situation is unique. Our path is individual. Our disciples are forbidden to share questions for this would lead to creation, the undoing of that which is pristine in our Island. We observe the world as it is. Our questions are our own.

I have been granted permission of the Enlightened Sun to share and answer questions. It will be integral in a new task the enlightened one will soon present to me.

Sharing questions with you, Smiley. Am I a tree? Do you see me in that way? As I see myself? I compare myself to a tree in a metaphorical sense. Like the tree, I am firmly rooted in the knowledge and disciplines of the Earth as is the Enlightened Sun. Like its trunk, I am strong in connection with my physiological design which is neither H. sapien as our disciples nor fully advanced as the Enlightened Sun. I am in between. My physical appearance is very human, Yet like my Prophet, I can communicate thoughts. Yet I cannot observe all that our prophet sees, I can sometimes see fragments of those like the Enlightened Sun, those that live on our moon, on other worlds, and in the darkness between stars. I have even seen what our blue world looks like from there from what they see when they look upon us. I have even seen our island, beneath wisps of clouds, surrounded by seas.

The term "cryptic" leads me to questions. Do you see me as dead?
My life has been long. I have seen our human disciples live and die. Our culture does not conceal lifeless forms from the nature in which they lived. I have observed many humans slowly return their molecules to the biota which exists in the soil, and from the exposure of sun, wind, and rain.

Like them, I walk, breath, and exist. Yet like the enlightened one, I obtain my life force, my energy from the Sun.

I ask many questions. You ask of want. I want the answer to a question that I have asked more than any other, Why are there no others like me? I know there are even others like the Enlightened Sun that fill the heavens. There are nearly a thousand humans. Why have I never seen or obtained knowledge that there are others like me? How long will I live? Without sexual organs or another of my kind, How will I copy myself? How will I continue? will I divide?

Grumpy old guy
Member # 9922

Cryptic: as in code, cypher, hidden meanings, cryptography; not crypt: as in tomb, grave, etc. And you still haven't answered the question.

Phil.

PS. But, what can you expect from someone bent on deliberate obfuscation?

Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

I am wondering whether you fully understand the situation you are in. Your knowledge is vast but you may not have a full grip on the situation.
Bent Tree
Member # 7777

I believe it is my limited understanding of your language and culture. My intention is not to withhold information from you. Perhaps the question that remains unanswered is what do I do?

I do many things. In anticipation of the morning Sun I arise each day and absorb its rays. It is what gives me my life's energy. I begin my meditation before the Enlightened One. It is at this time I receive knowledge which I must present to The bamboo Dragons. It is not for my mind to know. This information does not come in the form of thought, it is presented to me in the form of a small crystal produced in the mind of the Enlightened Sun. It is a language that I cannot understand. My memories cannot be stored in that way. I then take this memory on the long walk into the bamboo forest to the temple of the dragons. All five are always kneeling in meditation when I arrive. I lay the crystal in the center of their circle and retrieve the crystal that they have left for the Enlightened Sun. I return this to the enlightened one. I then go about my objective. I spend the day observing each human. I ask them about the questions they pursue. I recite the disciplines of the Way-Seeking Mind. Sometimes I convey to them information at the request of the Enlightened One. At the end of the day, I meditate with the Enlightened one and transfer my memories.

My knowledge is limited to my observations and the knowledge given to me by the Enlightened Sun. I do not understand the term "Full grip on the situation"

LDWriter2
Member # 9148

- posted      Profile for LDWriter2   Email LDWriter2         Edit/Delete Post 
I may have missed this one, but where do you live? It sounds like a natural temple-if you understand what I mean by that.-somewhere in what we consider to be Asia on our world.
Posts: 5289 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grumpy old guy
Member # 9922

One could posit that you are a computer network. However, if you can't, or won't, tell me who you are and what you want, answer me this: Are you predominantly animal, vegetable or mineral?

Phil.

Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

This may be a kind of personal question, but...are you a...tree?
Bent Tree
Member # 7777

LDWrier2, by your recognition of the continent Asia, I feel that you may be able to recognize that our Island was once referred to as Hokaido in a country known as Japan.

I am, as I see it, a combination of, animal,human,plant and mineral. My reflection in clear water shows me that I resemble the humans, but I receive my energy from the sun as do the trees. I do not possess sexual organs or mammary glands as I have observed in humans. I am able to see the thoughts of the Enlightened Sun and sometimes the dreams of those from the Heavens, yet I am different than the Enlightened One, whose form is very different. I am unable to produce memory crystals. The enlightened one's head is much larger, its mind glows and skin is translucent. All organs within its body are visible to me.

I Have told you, to the best of my understanding, who I am. I reaffirm that what I want is the answer to the question, Why have I never seen another like myself?

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.