FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Firefly, Veronica Mars, Eureka stars at FX in Orlando

Author Topic: Firefly, Veronica Mars, Eureka stars at FX in Orlando
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
Since I got yelled at for not mentioning the FX con earlier last year, here's the heads up for the 2007 one. Orlando, January 26-28. Guests include Kristen Bell (Veronica Mars), Sam Anderson (Lost, Angel), Gary Busey, the sheriff and the daughter from Eureka, Peter Graves, the woman who played Kendra the Vampire Slayer, and (wait for it) Ron Glass, "Book" from Firefly.

Since Glass is the only star I've haven't gotten to sign my movie poster, I think it is safe to say I wil be there.

The FX con is a busy and a crowded one, with several dealer rooms, gaming, and a no-wait system for autograph lines (usually). I recommend it but only if you can deal with crowds. Details!

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
I will consider going, and post in this thread if we decide to go.

Sounds like fun. [Smile]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
Gary Busey plays a sheriff and a daughter on Eureka?

And who is Sam Anderson?
[Edit: Oh, Holland Manners. Got it]

Also, am I a traitor to the Browncoat cause if Ron Glass will always be Harris to me, rather than Book?

Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 

This just makes me jealous!

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
Look who's going to be there!

See the Cheerleader. Save the world.

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
No Summer Glau. [Grumble]
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

Those prices are not bad at all. Do they include autographs, or are there hidden extras?

Which day(s) are you going? I don't see myself going all three days, but I might be interested in going one day.

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
airmanfour
Member # 6111

- posted      Profile for airmanfour           Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm, I'm thinking I might go too. I'll be in Florida anyway....
Posts: 1156 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

Autographs are separate, and vary from person to person. Last year Firefly stars went for $25 per autograph, either on the 8x10's they provided (5 to choose from each) or on whatever you bring with you to be signed. But while this will depend on the celeb, most will take a moment to talk to you, will pose for pictures with you, and generally seem glad to be there. Also a huge creator's section for comic artists, a gaming section, and lots and lots of stuff for sale. No panels that I saw (none last time, either).

Last year I went Saturday and Sunday, prolly the same this time.

Kwea
Member # 2199

I might be able to swing Sunday, but Sat is out for me.

I will see once we get closer to the time., but I would love to go and I am sure Jenni would as well. [Big Grin]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plaid
Member # 2393

- posted      Profile for plaid   Email plaid         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Bridges:
and vary from person to person.

Woo! Just like Soylent Cola!
Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

Just met a guy who wants to go. I don't know him well, but I told him about it and he is in, perhaps for Sunday. [Smile]
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

Woot! Adam "Jayne" Baldwin and Christina "Saffron" Hendricks will be there! Also, Andy "Lorne" Hallett (from Angel), Zachary "Sylar" Quinto from Heroes, William "Greatest American Hero" Katt...

This is shaping up to be a huge deal. I'm gonna spend so much money on autographs...

Kwea
Member # 2199

Just talked to Icky today. [Smile]
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh wow. I'd so be there if I didn't have school and didn't live in the NE. I doubt I'd spend the money on autographs, but would they also charge for pictures?
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

OK, I found this thread again....is anyone (other than me) planning on going to this?

I am thinking Sunday myself, although it is far enough out that I could probably work out a Sat....maybe.

Icarus
Member # 3162

Okay, it's not the same weekend. Like I said, we'd be up for one of the days.

And you know Chris is going to go, so don't be silly and say that it's just you. [Razz]

Kwea
Member # 2199

Anyone else? Icky and I are shooting for Sunday, I think.
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

I'll be there probably Saturday and Sunday, depending, with both boys.
Kwea
Member # 2199

Cool, I will let you know for sure once I make my weekly schedules.
Kwea
Member # 2199

So...Sat or Sunday?
Icarus
Member # 3162

I've been working on babysitting. Just got it lined up for tomorrow.
Kwea
Member # 2199

OK, Sat it is. Anyone else for Sat for sure??
Kwea
Member # 2199

OK, if you want to meet up, contact me at kweasr AT gmail DOT com. Leave a phone number, or tell me where to email my cell#.

We will be meeting Icky and Cor at about 10 am at the front, and both couples will have their cells on. [Wink]

Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

At the moment, I have no idea when we'll be there. Should be early, but we have some last-minute errands to run on the way so we'll see. I've got Ic's number, I do believe.
Kwea
Member # 2199

Cool...send me an email and I will reply with my cell# as a backup, if you want.

I'd hate to miss meeting up because we didn't have each others #. [Wink]

Kwea
Member # 2199

Sorry we missed you, Chris...my phone was a little wonky in there, and Icky didn't hear his half the time.

It was fun, although expensive.

Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

Expensive it definitely was, but fun was had. I never heard Ic's call, but then he didn't hear my return call so we're even [Smile]

Just posted a review of the day's events, including the crew's responses to their Barbie duplicates...

Kwea
Member # 2199

Saffron had a.....wardrobe malfunction....when Icky was talking to Jayne.

Life is good.

Icarus
Member # 3162

[Smile]

Sorry we missed each other, Chris.

fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Saffron had a.....wardrobe malfunction....when Icky was talking to Jayne.

Life is good.

You are unfairly fortunate [Razz] [Wink]
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.