FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Is it my imagination, or has Ralphie actually posted today?

Author Topic: Is it my imagination, or has Ralphie actually posted today?
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
Ralphie, I know you probably don't know me very well, but I've heard many great things about you. Are you back, or just visiting? I've only been around Hatrack for a few months, but feel like I know you from everything that's been said about you.

If you are back to stay,welcome back.

Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CalvinMaker
Member # 2032

- posted      Profile for CalvinMaker   Email CalvinMaker         Edit/Delete Post 
::is a little creeped out::
Posts: 1934 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Godric
Member # 4587

- posted      Profile for Godric   Email Godric         Edit/Delete Post 
Just remember Derrell, even Ralphie is mortal. If you prick her, I'm fairly certain she would bleed.

[Cool]

Posts: 1295 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
i was just wondering if anybody else had noticed that she posted. I was also introducing myself in case she read this and wondered who I was.
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

- posted      Profile for fallow   Email fallow         Edit/Delete Post 
citric acid, if yer lucky.

[Monkeys]

Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
A better question is why she's never online. Now that I have a computer again and everything.

Weiner.

Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
I miss the Ralphie Luvv. [Frown]
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Slash the Berzerker
Member # 556

- posted      Profile for Slash the Berzerker   Email Slash the Berzerker         Edit/Delete Post 
Toni is doing the right thing. You guys kind of need to back off.

I've been holding off saying this for quite a while, but it's getting a bit out of hand.

[ March 08, 2004, 01:04 AM: Message edited by: Slash the Berzerker ]

Posts: 5383 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ethics Gradient
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Ethics Gradient   Email Ethics Gradient         Edit/Delete Post 
Right on, Slash.
Posts: 2945 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, Slash is only saying that cuz he gets to see her on a regular basis.

I -- and apparently most of Hatrack -- reserve my right to turn into creepy stalkers upon every mention of Toni's life and potential posting habits.

Besides, I think you're just jealous that nobody's as upset that you don't post as much as you used to.

Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd love to talk to Toni again-aside from seeing how she's doing, she's fun to gab with. But if she's gotten very busy, or else something on Hatrack upset her, or she's just gotten some static and she wants to take a break-even indefinitely-that's her bidness, ain't it?

But Derrell, this thread is kind of creepy. It just sets off stalker-vibes. Now I'm not saying that's what you're doing, just saying that's the impression I got. "I've never met you but I feel like I know you," is a statement that leaves such an impression. You really shouldn't even be starting a thread like this. I don't know if anyone should, but particularly not someone who's never spoken with her before. Future reference, just say, "Heard you're pretty damn cool, hope life is treating you well, etc." is more appropriate.

J4

PS And I'm not even sure if that's appropriate, really, so why not err on the side of caution?

[ March 08, 2004, 07:46 AM: Message edited by: Rakeesh ]

Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Ty, you DO realize that the vast majority of us only have the vaguest idea WHY Toni isn't hanging around anymore, and consequently are forced to weigh the fact that we miss her against the possibility that someone is holding a knife to her neck and telling her never to post again, or something...?
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
Sheesh, I've been stalking her for years. Although, my stalking schedule is getting pretty packed, if she doesn't start lead a more interesting life I may have to cut her from the list. She's just not taking the same pride in being a stalker victom as she used to, y'know?
Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
I am sure that Derrell didn't intend to be creepy/stalkerish in any way.

It is easy to feel an artificial closeness to some of the more famous members of Hatrack - everyone's talking about them, they post cool and funny things, you read their landmark threads when you're bored at work...

...maybe that one's just me.

And after reading The Crystal City (my copy only arrived last week: it's *still* not out here) I feel very close to Papa Moose and Mama Squirrel. [Big Grin]

Actually, it was quite odd reading it - I kept thinking 'But I've *talked* to this person'...

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.