FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » MAFIA: What all the cool Hatrackers like to do! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: MAFIA: What all the cool Hatrackers like to do!
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

- posted      Profile for Trogdor the Burninator   Email Trogdor the Burninator         Edit/Delete Post 
Top Ten reasons why you should play Martian colony mafia right here

10. Reports of your school coursework being tough are greatly exagerated, and you know it.
9. Less time is required than in past games.
8. Tom Davidson, Bob Scopatz and Slash the Bezerker are signed up to play.
7. It's endorsed by Orson Scott Card, David Farland and God.
6. The winner gets a new speed boat.
5. Mike Weizowski is making an appearance.
4. It's guaranteed to turn you on.
3. Come watch Jon Boy and Brinestone in action as rookie mafia moderators.
2. It's better than American Idol.
1. YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO.....

Now, get over there and sign up, before the burninations commence.

[ January 27, 2004, 10:31 PM: Message edited by: Trogdor the Burninator ]

Posts: 1481 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Er... I mean...

YAY MAFIA!

[ January 27, 2004, 08:52 PM: Message edited by: T_Smith ]

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
*Mutters something about people stealing his mafia game right out from under him* [Grumble]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Hobbes, again, WHEN YOU ARE UPSET, DO NOT END YOUR POST WITH A SMILIE. It's very confusing.

[Wink]

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

- posted      Profile for Trogdor the Burninator   Email Trogdor the Burninator         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't see you guys signing up yet.

[Mad]

Posts: 1481 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

I already have.

I'm just in a state of mind where thinking is illegal, and thus, cannot at this time, write a profile. Will tomorrow.

kidyanna
Member # 6148

- posted      Profile for kidyanna   Email kidyanna         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure what this is all about, but trogdor is a totally awesome name I love strongbad emails.
Posts: 68 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

Ok, Nathan is excused.
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

go to the link kiddyana, and it will explain everything.
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I suck at it.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Pssh, get yourself over there and play it, darn it! [Smile]
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

Get you and your oversized appendix over there, girl.
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
--I--
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

Just remember who the genius was who started that.

**points to self**

mackillian
Member # 586

With a certain finger.
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

so you gonna play?
peterh
Member # 5208

- posted      Profile for peterh   Email peterh         Edit/Delete Post 
I always chant "you're number one" inside my head whenever I see that.

Oh, and I got my profile up today (it took all of 4 minutes to create), so count me in...

[edited to correct spelling]

[ January 27, 2004, 09:42 PM: Message edited by: peterh ]

Posts: 995 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

No. I suck at it.
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

Don't care. Go sign up, it's an order.
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
4. It's guaranteed to turn you on.
3. Come watch Jon Boy and Brinestone in action.

these two scare me!
Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

[Cool]
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
1. Not familiar enough with Mafia and how it works, despite watching a game play out here on Hatrack.

2. Seem to remember reading AIM being listed as an essential part of playing. Don't do AIM or any kind of live chat - and won't.

Maybe sometime, as long as I don't have to do chats.

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

I never have had AIM, and play it quite well. Grenme has a Personal messaging system that works quite well.

come on, snd.. try it.

eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
I just don't have the time.

I have to give my sister a ride to the store.

My dog ate my Mafia assignment.

...okay. I'll go check it out.

(where's that link?)

Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

http://grenme.com/forum/index.php?showforum=4
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
these two scare me!
Yeah. The juxtaposition of those two statements worried me a bit.

But otherwise, this is the coolest thread today. [Cool]

Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

Anything for the minion of the year.
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
Nate, we've been over this, there is no way that that smilie is coming off the end of my posts. Well actually there is but then it would just change into a bigger smilie and that's not going to happen for a good time. And then it certainly wont be caused by a mafia game. [Razz]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Um, sweetie . . . go check the sign-up thread again. Look for the username PatrickDarwinPoyfair.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

Pat is PatrickDarwinPoyfair over there, my little brinestone cowboy.
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
Cowboy? I've had a long day . . .

I'm sorry about that. Can I call you my favorite hypocrite anyway just for grins?

Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

If I can call you Brinestone Cowboy, sure.
eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
Alright I posted already, sheesh!
Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Slash the Berzerker
Member # 556

- posted      Profile for Slash the Berzerker   Email Slash the Berzerker         Edit/Delete Post 
I was not aware that I was signed up to play.

In fact, I am unaware of having EVER played mafia, in any form. Though, I once agreed to play Dune mafia, before it died an ignoble death. But that was mostly just because I'm a dune geek.

So, to all you who do NOT wish to play mafia, don't let these guys bully you into it. All us non players are meeting behind the gym to pass around a bottle of mad dog and flip through nudie magazines.

Now THAT's cool.

Posts: 5383 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
Done! [Big Grin]
Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
Tis better I be thought uncool, than to openly Mafia and remove all doubt.
Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

FINE Slash, ruin the party.

And by the way, I think you're fat.

peterh
Member # 5208

Sounds like we're gonna end up with a death match.

TROGDOR THE BURNINATOR vs. SLASH THE BEZERKER!!!

LIVE ON PAY-PER-VIEW!

Honestly, I just wanted to see the headline and giggle to myself.

ps. go post you're profile...

Posts: 995 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Psycho Triad
Member # 3331

- posted      Profile for Psycho Triad   Email Psycho Triad         Edit/Delete Post 
I really shouldn't.. what with my parents threatening harm against my computer if i'm on it too much.

But then again, I could really use a mafia fix. I get the twitches thinking about it.

.. might post one tonight.. not sure yet; have to think *twitch* about it some more. *twitch*

Crazy as always,
*twitch* psychotriad

Posts: 271 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
I have never played Mafia.

I am, therefore, not a cool Hatracker.
[Cry]

Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
Jenny, it's never too late to repent.
Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
Zan, your profile cracked me up. [ROFL]
Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
My profile is short and sweet. Those long profiles are entertaining, but it can seem a little daunting.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

- posted      Profile for MidnightBlue   Email MidnightBlue         Edit/Delete Post 
I think your is short, to the point, and funny. And I think I already sense conflict coming between Tarl Cabot and Andie Bombola!
Posts: 1547 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, but aren't the profiles where the clues come from? Short profile means either no role, or one that will be discovered quickly, doesn't it?

But, hey, what do I know.

Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
I got the idea from yours. I almost went with John Carter, but then remembered the Gor series from long ago.

Of course, Dejah is the only one who reminds me of Gor my golden skinned princess.

And is that Andie Bombola or Andie Bombshell?

Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peterh
Member # 5208

Jenny,

It's my first time too.

I fully expect to suck at it, but here goes...

pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Sheesh. Invite people in, it's all fairly self explanatory, then haze them for short profiles.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

Hey, celia can't help that she's evil. Give her a break.
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't worry. I'll have celia well in hand by the end of the game. I'm a man, she's a woman. She won't be able to help herself.
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.