FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hamas and Israel (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Hamas and Israel
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm really surprised that nothing has been said on this forum yet (that I found) about the Israel/Palestinian escalation in fighting, due to Israel's airstrike that killed the Hamas leader.
quote:
The Hamas leadership said Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon had "opened the gates of hell".
One of several links from today's news

It sounds like this is going to blow things wide open into full-scale war. And the Hamas is also blaming U.S. for its support of Israel.

What are your thoughts? Where is this going to lead?

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Nowhere good. [Frown]
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
I think Hamas will reataliate, not only against Israel, but against the US as well.
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm always a huge fan of assassination. I mean, it NEVER backfires.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
>> Where is this going to lead? <<

Nowhere good.

I think no one's started a thread because quite a few people here (myself included) have gotten into substantial flamewars over this in the past.

I just hope this thread doesn't go the route of the one at Ornery. Reading that thread made me absolutely livid.

(FYI, I'm half-Palestinian).

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm pretty much on the fence with this one.
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't you mean the wall, Storm?
Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xaposert
Member # 1612

- posted      Profile for Xaposert           Edit/Delete Post 
I predict Palestinians will react to this by calling the Israelis evil, and will strike against them, resulting in the Israelis calling the Palestinians evil, and striking back themselves.

Histocially, I think I'm making a safe prediction.

Posts: 2432 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
I admit I really don't know anything about the situation. So I guess I'm going to have to say there's a 50% chance of Xap being correct. [Wink]
Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I heard a Palestinian response this morning that basically pointed out that this can't possibly solve anything.

I can understand the whole concept of WANTING to assasinate the opposition''s leaders.. But to actually carry it out, not a good precedent.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skrika03
Member # 5930

- posted      Profile for skrika03   Email skrika03         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought Sharon was being ousted on some kind of corruption charge a couple of months ago. It somehow managed to leak through the Dem primary coverage. I agree with Israel's right to survive, but I don't think Sharon's strategies are very good.

twinky, being Palestinian doesn't mean you have to support Hamas any more than being American means you want to have dinner with George W. Bush.

Posts: 383 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
St. Yogi
Member # 5974

- posted      Profile for St. Yogi   Email St. Yogi         Edit/Delete Post 
This is just fueling the vicious cycle of violence.

The smartest thing the palestinians ca do i go out in the streets in peaceful demonstrations, denouncing the Israelan government and keep on doing them for as long as is necessary. If the Israelans do anything violent to these peaceful demonstrations, they would slowly but surely lose all support from the rest of the world.

Posts: 739 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

Bob: 14199
Tom: 14205

It's coming. Today, maybe.

Edit:

>> twinky, being Palestinian doesn't mean you have to support Hamas any more than being American means you want to have dinner with George W. Bush. <<

I'm well aware of that. And I don't. But it certainly has an effect on how personally I take comments.

[ March 22, 2004, 02:22 PM: Message edited by: twinky ]

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Well, by posting this, I certainly wasn't trying to start any Palestinian/Israel division of support on Hatrack.

I try to remain neutral.

I was thinking of it more in terms of global consequences -- not a matter of "who is right and who is wrong."

I was also thinking of it in terms of prophecy.

But events such as this -- by ANY nation -- can easily tip off a world war.

That's what worries me.

Farmgirl

[ March 22, 2004, 02:22 PM: Message edited by: Farmgirl ]

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skrika03
Member # 5930

Part of the problem with non violence is that it is not an ethic shared by every major religion.
Posts: 383 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
Because, after all, Christians and Hindus and Buddhists don't use violence, right?
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skrika03
Member # 5930

Christians aren't supposed to. One could say that when one is, one isn't actually being a Christian, whatever one is calling oneself.
St. Yogi
Member # 5974

Isn't it the same with Islam?
Posts: 739 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

- posted      Profile for Paul Goldner   Email Paul Goldner         Edit/Delete Post 
Lets not get into comparitive religions?
Posts: 4112 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
St. Yogi
Member # 5974

Yeah, let's not.
skrika03
Member # 5930

I just think it would take a good long while before the the Palestinian protests could be seen as non violent. If the Palestinian authority had enough influence on the ranks to implement non-violence, we would be looking at a whole different situation. But it only takes one overly emotional fellow to mess up a non violent protest.
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
I personally think the leadership on both sides should be removed from power. Every person I met in Israel & Palestine was mainly interested in peaceful coexistence. There were a few who were pretty unwavering in their dislike of the other side, but even those wanted the violence to end.

There are a few radicals on both sides, of course, and then there are the respective governments who are, I believe, at least 60% of the problem over there.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
St. Yogi
Member # 5974

Yes, I agree skrika. It does only take one person to ruin the whole thing. The palestinian leaders really need to preach nonviolence to the people. It's the smartest thing.

But I can't see that happening any time soon.

EDIT: Yeah, Bob. The governments are the biggest problem.

[ March 22, 2004, 02:58 PM: Message edited by: St. Yogi ]

twinky
Member # 693

Bob's hit the nail on the head while simultaneously equalling Tom's postcount.

Very cool.

sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I personally think the leadership on both sides should be removed from power. Every person I met in Israel & Palestine was mainly interested in peaceful coexistence. There were a few who were pretty unwavering in their dislike of the other side, but even those wanted the violence to end.

One note of hope - it looks like things have finally quieted down in Northern Ireland.

What finally turned the tide more than anything was the noncombatants in that country - Catholic and Protestant alike - to tell the extremists they had had enough of burying children, husbands and wives.

Cautious hope, anyway. The violence hasn't really died down for all that long and there are still people on both sides eager to resume hostilities. And it took a very long time... [Frown]

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jacare Sorridente
Member # 1906

- posted      Profile for Jacare Sorridente   Email Jacare Sorridente         Edit/Delete Post 
Sure this is a bad thing. From Israel's point of view they are going to do whatever it takes to stop the suicide attacks on their people. Of course this assassination won't do that, but then neither has anything else they've tried from peace talks to ceasefires etc.
The recent Israeli policy of assassinating the leaders of these movements is possibly more effective than other tactics they have tried. These scumbags who send in the suicide bombers to shopping centers, busses etc. richly deserve the violent death they are so willing to inflict on others.

Posts: 4548 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

Trouble is, all of Israel's options are bad. This is one reason why I generall am pro-Israeli instead of pro-Palestinian, because the Palestinians have one option that is tried, true, and effective: nonviolent resistance and demostrations. The Palestinians (and those who claim to fight for them) have that option, violence against military targets, violence against civilian targets, and just accepting the status quo.

To my mind, they've (terrorists and their supporters) chosen the most odious and least effective means to resolve their problem. Then again, if my kid was killed by the Israeli Army, I might go blow up some Israeli kids too. (I mean this seriously, I can understand the rage felt by many Palestinians and Arabs.)

But what can the Israelis do? They can fight back, try peace talks, or accept the status quo (eventually leading to no more Israel). Peace talks might resolve the problem long-term. Big emphasis on the might, too. (I should mention that Arafat has proven either unwilling or unable to abide by them.) But in the short-term, they won't stop suicide bombers. Short-term can kill suicide bombers and cut the number of attacks against Israeli civilians, but ensures continuation of the long-term problem.

Israelis have at least tried everything, except outright capitulation. Palestinians have still left the biggest, most effective tool unused in favor of coldly targetting civilians for murder.

Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

So -- like American is under the Geneva Convention rules (after the world wars) to say we can't just go in and order the assasination of the leaders of other countries -- so is Israel not part of the Geneva convention? Or are they saying the Palestinians are not another country, therefore the rules don't apply?

Just trying for some clarification since I haven't followed this conflict all the way through...

Farmgirl

Rakeesh
Member # 2001

I'm not sure, Farmgirl. Good question. I can say that Israel more or less follows what international guidelines they feel like; they have flouted some UN decisions in the past, if memory serves.

Which I can understand. Such organizations tend to favor Palestinians and hamstring Israel

twinky
Member # 693

>> Israelis have at least tried everything, except outright capitulation. Palestinians have still left the biggest, most effective tool unused in favor of coldly targetting civilians for murder. <<

From the Palestinian perspective, when has negotiating ever worked for them? Being the weaker side of the conflict, what exactly have they got to bargain with? Israel already holds all of the cards, and is currently building a wall that cuts Palestinian territory off from its chief water supply.

What the Palestinians see is this: whenever we stop to negotiate, Israel continues to take de facto control of more territory with settlements, roads, checkpoints, and the new wall. It's no wonder Palestinians living in the West Bank see negotiation as a useless waste of time.

The Geneva proposal was certainly not unreasonable, but of course none of those involved have any actual influence on their respective leaders.

Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I think no one's started a thread because quite a few people here (myself included) have gotten into substantial flamewars over this in the past.
*shudders* Boy, do you have a point.

*thinks back to throat-slitting argument*

*gulps*

*returns to reading discussion on this thread, without posting (at least for the time being)*

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

>> *thinks back to throat-slitting argument* <<

o_O

I think I'm glad I missed that one, whatever it was.

I'm definitely willing to discuss this issue with Rakeesh, though, because even though he and I have differing views on this and a great many other things, he's sharp and always logical.

Edit: Plus, maybe I can catch up to his postcount. [Wink]

[ March 22, 2004, 03:30 PM: Message edited by: twinky ]

Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Okay, according to This Timeline this is all basically about who owns/occupies a certain piece of land, right? (changed because I found a better timeline)

Well, I guess that isn't what I want to get into in this post anyway.

I mainly want to look forward -- not what caused the past. I want to think about the global implications of this war if it gets "out of region", so to speak.

Farmgirl

edited -- better link

[ March 22, 2004, 03:41 PM: Message edited by: Farmgirl ]

Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

- posted      Profile for Paul Goldner   Email Paul Goldner         Edit/Delete Post 
Farmgirl-
The Israeli position is that the Palestinian Authority is not a nation, and therefore not covered by the geneva accords. The Palestinian authority of course disagrees.

Posts: 4112 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

I just did a Google search and it appears that Israel rejects Version 4 of the Geneva Convention. I gather it has something to do with certain provisions being used against Israel related to building settlements, firing on civilian areas and bulldozing houses.
twinky
Member # 693

>> And this has been going on (the conflict) since the 1930s?? <<

It got started in the late 1890s and built from there. The 1930s was when it really started to become a major issue for the occupying British.

Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Twinky

yeah - I realized that when I updated my link (above). The original link just went back to the 1930s -- this gives a more ancient look at it.

It is an interesting read. Wow -- it's a complex issue.

Farmgirl

A Rat Named Dog
Member # 699

- posted      Profile for A Rat Named Dog   Email A Rat Named Dog         Edit/Delete Post 
Farmgirl, I wonder if the people who wrote that timeline are a little biased in favor of the Palestinians ..? [Smile]

I'm curious, before this whole hundred-year history of bloodshed and revenge took place, what was the inciting incident? I mean, what were the Jewish immigrants doing that warranted violent uprisings?

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

Very much so.

...which is probably why I'm so pessimistic about peace. I just don't see it happening.

Edit:

>> I'm curious, before this whole hundred-year history of bloodshed and revenge took place, what was the inciting incident? I mean, what were the Jewish immigrants doing that warranted violent uprisings? <<

Well, the Zionist movement committed to establishing a Jewish homeland in Palestine in 1897. I can imagine that the Palestinians living under Ottoman and British rule in the early 1900s weren't happy, given that the stated goal of Zionist immigrants (not all of the Jewish immigrants were Zionists, of course, but the Zionist movement was certainly a major impetus behind the influx of Jews to Palestine) was to make Palestine their own.

[ March 22, 2004, 03:53 PM: Message edited by: twinky ]

skrika03
Member # 5930

This guy wasn't a member of the Palestinian government. He was the leader of Hamas, which depending on who you are is either Palestine's most prestigious fraternity or a dangerous terrorist organization. If the later, it would make sense that Israel could see this as a police matter that the hosting government (the PA) wasn't dealing with. Much like we went into Afghanistan to get Bin Laden. (which, strangely, we haven't done yet).
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

Twinky,

quote:
From the Palestinian perspective, when has negotiating ever worked for them? Being the weaker side of the conflict, what exactly have they got to bargain with? Israel already holds all of the cards, and is currently building a wall that cuts Palestinian territory off from its chief water supply.
My response would be, "When has it ever been seriously pursued?" This is just my perspective, but it seems to me that what happens is something like this: there's a cease-fire which holds for awhile. Peace negotiations begin. Things are offered-including virtually everything Palestinians demand, excluding right-of-return and some other issues-and Palestinians (or Arafat, really) reject them as unreasonable and swear to continue fighting.

I think negotiations haven't worked for Palestinians because you're defining it differently for them than you would if, say, you and I were negotiating something. If we negotiated something, we'd start from a list of things we both want, and both lists would get whittled down and shuffled around, and eventually we'd reach a settlement. We'd agree before starting negotiations that neither of us is going to get everything we want.

Arafat and terrorists attacking Israel are simply unwilling to accept that. Look at the Charter, after all. One of the goals is to simply erase Israel from the region. To my mind, Israeli leadership is also very frequently unreasonable, but at least they don't start out with a demand they know Palestinians can never, ever accept.

And as for the new wall...it's being built during continuous suicide bombing attacks. There is no cease-fire, so I think to use it is unreasonable.

Of course, I agree with Bob that the trouble is, the two societies-particularly Palestinian society-reward extremism with leadership, the very people least likely to reach a reasonable settlement. Also that neither Sharon nor Arafat really speak for the majority of Israelis or Palestinians true desires on those issues. (I will, however, point out that Arafat is a legitimate leader much less than Sharon is.)

J4

PS Right back atcha, Twink:) One of the nicest things said to me, I appreciate it very much.

Rakeesh
Member # 2001

Oh, and never, Twinky!

*shakes fist*

twinky
Member # 693

(Edit: My post is hard to read. I apologize. I'll work on the formatting, but won't change any content.)

I'm going to have to be careful not to get dragged too far into this, I have large piles of work awaiting me...

>> My response would be, "When has it ever been seriously pursued?" This is just my perspective, but it seems to me that what happens is something like this: there's a cease-fire which holds for awhile. Peace negotiations begin. Things are offered-including virtually everything Palestinians demand, excluding right-of-return and some other issues-and Palestinians (or Arafat, really) reject them as unreasonable and swear to continue fighting. <<

I'd say that it was seriously pursued in 1948, but the UN's partition proposal was ridiculous (there were more Palestinians in the state designated as "Jewish" than there were Jews, by a significant margin). When the partition plan failed, the Zionists conquered by force of arms, declaring their independence and then fending off Arab attacks until their position was consolidated on the Green Line.

I also don't believe that Israel always negotiates in good faith. Ehud Barak's proposal, for instance, was even more absurd than the 1948 partition plan, notwithstanding that settlement construction continued unabated while the negotiations were taking place.

When were the Palestinians ever offered any agreement that would have led to a viable state? It wasn't Oslo. It wasn't Barak's proposal. It certainly wasn't the 1948 partition plan. The "road map" is too vague to call one way or another.

The only reasonable proposal I've ever seen is the Geneva proposal, but of course it was made by people outside of the leadership on both sides.

>> I think negotiations haven't worked for Palestinians because you're defining it differently for them than you would if, say, you and I were negotiating something. If we negotiated something, we'd start from a list of things we both want, and both lists would get whittled down and shuffled around, and eventually we'd reach a settlement. We'd agree before starting negotiations that neither of us is going to get everything we want. <<

Sure, but neither of us has already taken unilateral action. That is a crucial difference. Too much has already happened between Israel and the Palestinians to just start negotiating with a clean slate as though the last 56 years just didn't happen.

>> Arafat and terrorists attacking Israel are simply unwilling to accept that. Look at the Charter, after all. One of the goals is to simply erase Israel from the region. To my mind, Israeli leadership is also very frequently unreasonable, but at least they don't start out with a demand they know Palestinians can never, ever accept. <<

The Palestinian Authority has a website of its own on which the Charter is outlined, but sadly it currently appears to be down... not that that's surprising. Google isn't helping me with unbiased sources on that score, unfortunately.

But you're right about the clauses. The PA keeps saying they're going to change the charter but the measures keep getting frozen or stayed or who-knows-what-else, which is just absurd and reveals the influence of extremist elements of Palestinian society at even these high levels.

But when has this ever been asked for at the negotiation table? Over the last 56 years, multiple Israeli leaders have called for the annexation of the West Bank and Gaza strip, and even parts of Jordan, because those are the borders of the "true" Jewish state. Where are the Palestinians supposed to go in such a circumstance, exactly? David Ben-Gurion put it best: "Drive them out."

In other words, the Palestinians aren't the only ones with extremists in their midst.

>> And as for the new wall...it's being built during continuous suicide bombing attacks. There is no cease-fire, so I think to use it is unreasonable. <<

It's also being built during continuous missile attacks. We can agree to drop the wall with respect to negotiations, but to call it "retaliatory" action is a misnomer, I think. Any "who-did-what-to-whom-first" debate is ultimately going to wind up back in 1948 anyway.

>> Of course, I agree with Bob that the trouble is, the two societies-particularly Palestinian society-reward extremism with leadership, the very people least likely to reach a reasonable settlement. Also that neither Sharon nor Arafat really speak for the majority of Israelis or Palestinians true desires on those issues. (I will, however, point out that Arafat is a legitimate leader much less than Sharon is.) <<

I think Arafat should have handed over the reins and held a real election about fifteen years ago, but instead he got used to photo ops and trips to Washington and being able to steal lots of money from the PA. Bah.

By the same token, however, how in the heck are the Palestinians supposed to have a real election when Israel continually destroys Palestinian infrastructure?

Basically, I don't agree with your weighting of responsibility. [Smile]

(Edited for paragraph spacings.)

[ March 22, 2004, 04:32 PM: Message edited by: twinky ]

imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think Sharon is a great leader, but that's by the by.

I think this was a stupid move - I don't see how it can do anything but escalate tensions, not only in Palestine, but in other Muslim countries. Which isn't really a desirable thing right now.

In terms of veiwing Hammas as a terrorist organisation, the assasination could probably be given some moral justification.* However in terms of the US trying to eliminate Osama Bin Laden, that happened in an out and out war against Afgahnistan. I don't think many people in Israel or Palestine desire the escalation of tensions to an out and out war - yet it seems this is where this move is taking them.

*That is, if you believe it's morally justified to assasinate terrorists.

I just think it's bad news. For everyone involved. [Frown]

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

That's basically my problem with it. I certainly don't support Hamas and would dearly love to see their influence on Palestinians utterly purged... but I don't see how any progress can possibly come of a move like this.
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

I have seriously prayed for Palestinian Ghandi. I hope they find one someday.
twinky
Member # 693

Hanan Ashrawi is probably about as close as they'll come, but the Palestinian Authority keeps marginalizing her.

(She's a relatively moderate Christian Palestinian who is married to a Jewish man. She's been working with the PA since its inception but has never gotten any real clout. Very sad, IMO.)

Diana Buttu is also an excellent spokeswoman – she's a Canadian-born Palestinian who is currently the PA's legal advisor – but, again, they never let her decide anything or give any important speeches or anything.

[Frown]

newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

- posted      Profile for newfoundlogic   Email newfoundlogic         Edit/Delete Post 
Hamas in not a legitimate political organization!!! Its a terrorist group like Islamic Jihad and Al-Queda. How is a nation not justified in executing the leader/founder of a group that murders innocent civilians for the sake of causing terror? Its not even as if Israel took out Yasser Arafat who is half legitimate politician and half terrorist. What makes this "assasination" any different from the dozens Israel has already caried out except that this one was responsible for more murders? In fact considering that he was a religious leader if Muslims are truly angry at the falsification of their beliefs by these terrorists then they should be happy! Besides since when were political leaders considered immune? The CIA tried to kill Fidel Castro a few times for one. Moreover, were Allied attempts during WWII to assasinate Hitler unjustified?

Here's what really bothers me, where was the outrage when the Israeli Minister of Tourism of murdered last year?

Posts: 3446 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

I hereby invoke Godwin's Law. [Wink]

(Edited to add the wink.)

[ March 22, 2004, 09:57 PM: Message edited by: twinky ]

newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

- posted      Profile for newfoundlogic   Email newfoundlogic         Edit/Delete Post 
Fine would you prefer Kurds trying to kill Saddam Hussein after he dropped loads of chemical weapons on their villages? How does political office in and of itself guaruntee immunity? Not of course that Hamas's founder is to considered a holder of political office.
Posts: 3446 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.