FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Favorite web comics?

Author Topic: Favorite web comics?
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
As I have no life, I actually follow and care about a couple of web comics as my daily routine.

For instance, I'm so addicted to MegaTokyo that I've bought all three print volumes.

Even though I can and do read the strip online for free.

[ April 02, 2005, 08:28 AM: Message edited by: Puffy Treat ]

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Sluggy Freelance. Best. Web. Comic. Ever. (Although today's isn't particularly good.)

There's a ton of continuity, so you have to start at the beginning to fully appreciate it.

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
Succubus Justice is probably the only one I read regularly.

Mack's is nice, too.

Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

- posted      Profile for Mr.Funny           Edit/Delete Post 
I read Dominic Deegan, Order of the Stick, A Miracle of Science, 8-Bit Theater, and Ctrl+Alt+Del. All of them are very nerdy comics. All of them are excellent.
Posts: 1466 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
I read Dominic Deegan^, Ctrl+Alt+Del^, Penny-Arcade, Two Lumps, VG Cats, and white ninja.

The normal comics I like are Get Fuzzy, Dilbert, Fox Trot, and Pearls before Swine.

[ April 02, 2005, 02:15 PM: Message edited by: MEC ]

Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
Kevin and Kell it's the only one I've ever been able to get into, I think I've read through the whole thing 4 or 5 times.
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
Piled Higher and Deeper.
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
I like questionablecontent
Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
Something*Positive, Sinfest, PvP Online, Tom the Dancing Bug, among others.

The big problem I have with webcomics is that after I read a few I want to start my own. I'm not good at drawing sequential art, don't have a few extra hours each day, and already have more than enoguh projects I'm procrastinating about, but it would be so cool...

[ April 02, 2005, 02:50 PM: Message edited by: Chris Bridges ]

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
I used to read SP but stopped recently for obvious reasons, but not for his references to OSC.
Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
I only read one web comic.
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rico
Member # 7533

- posted      Profile for Rico           Edit/Delete Post 
Penny Arcade is my favorite by far.
Posts: 459 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dawnmaria
Member # 4142

- posted      Profile for dawnmaria   Email dawnmaria         Edit/Delete Post 
My husband got me hooked on Penny Arcade. We have matching T's with the "fruit" robot on them!
Posts: 601 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
A Miracle of Science, which is a long dramatic story rather than humor. Also, Casey and Andy, a hilarious comic about two mad scientists who live in the same house.
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

- posted      Profile for UofUlawguy   Email UofUlawguy         Edit/Delete Post 
My favorite isn't just a web comic, but it's in so few periodicals that most people probably can't find it other than on the web. It is called The K Chronicles , and is created by Keight Knight, who is one of the only two people two whom I have ever written fan mail.

Another that I found funny more often than not (though also sometimes crude or just plain bizarre) was The Parking Lot is Full . It is now defunct, but the archive is maintained.

Posts: 1652 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tater
Member # 7035

- posted      Profile for Tater           Edit/Delete Post 
Do you even have to ask?
Best Comic Ever

Posts: 925 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lime
Member # 1707

- posted      Profile for Lime   Email Lime         Edit/Delete Post 
Penny Arcade
Real Life Comics
Goats
Machall
Ctrlaltdel

And finally...

PVP

I used to read Megatokyo. I'm not sure why I stopped.

[ April 04, 2005, 08:29 PM: Message edited by: Lime ]

Posts: 753 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NinjaBirdman
Member # 7114

- posted      Profile for NinjaBirdman   Email NinjaBirdman         Edit/Delete Post 
I made a web comic over the last couple of days. Check it out.(read the comics from the bottom of the page up) The House of Heroes
Posts: 204 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Ha, Kevin and Kell... my neighbors in the US are named Kevin and Kelly! [Big Grin]
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christy
Member # 4397

- posted      Profile for Christy   Email Christy         Edit/Delete Post 
Count Your Sheep [Smile]
Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
PVP and Hello Cthulhu

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
You prolly stopped reading Megatokyo because Piro updates so rarely. That's why I stopped for a while...

Then I just went back and read the archive and caught up. It didn't take very long.

I also read: PVP, Chopping Block , Dilbert (hey, it's on the web), and now, Something Positive.

I used to read Bruno, but after it had been too whiny for like, 2 years, I stopped.

I also stopped reading User Friendly and Sinfest.. I should really start reading those again.

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's the short list:

El Goonish Shive Transformations and magic with good characters and cute art. (Warning: homosexuality)
Girly Awesome art, hilarity, and heartfelt sentiments. (Warning: homosexuality)
Zebra Girl Occult humor with terrific art. Unfortunately, rarely updated.
Theater Hopper Really silly theater humor. This week is Sin City takeoff week, so keep that in mind when you see the comic.
Joe and Monkey A delivery boy named Joe and his monkey friend Monkey fight the evils of the heinous Kleptobot with popular culture commentary.
Wapsi Square Relationships and ancient Aztec Gods in the Twin Cities. [Smile]
RPG World Takeoff of RPGs everywhere, this infrequently updated comic is chock full of humor.
Elijah and Azuu Daily fun with Demons and Angels. The art isn't great, but the story's pretty good.
Nothing Nice to Say The world's first online punk comic.
Coffee Achievers Alternate universe version of NN2S. Many of the same characters in freaky-weird situations.

I love webcomics. I also read many if not most of the ones already listed. [Smile] I also have
my own webcomic, though I really dislike tooting my own horn, and I have problems updating.

[ April 06, 2005, 12:28 PM: Message edited by: Ryuko ]

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
[This post has been deleted for being childish and annoying.]
I don't see why people had to get so upset about this.

[ April 07, 2005, 05:15 PM: Message edited by: Altáriël of Dorthonion ]

Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. That's a remarkably good reason not to read MegaTokyo.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goo Boy
Member # 7752

- posted      Profile for Goo Boy   Email Goo Boy         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, AltƔriƫl, how about putting some spaces in there?
Posts: 289 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, ok....THeres no need to get so prissy about it...

[ April 06, 2005, 02:53 PM: Message edited by: Altáriël of Dorthonion ]

Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

*GASP* ...is that good enough?
Goo Boy
Member # 7752

- posted      Profile for Goo Boy   Email Goo Boy         Edit/Delete Post 
I will give you a nickel if you now delete your earlier post. [Smile]
Posts: 289 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

Either that, or kacard can do it.

(hint: reported)

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
Ryuko, Thank you for pointing me at El Goonish Shive. It is really really really cute. Even if it does have a furry as a main character.
Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

I know, it's really cute. When I first read it, I didn't even know what furries were. Then later on I realized, but I still like it, because it's not really in the furry subculture, it's just fun.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.