FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Chris Bridges!! Look closely at this! (ok, no longer as exciting)

Author Topic: Chris Bridges!! Look closely at this! (ok, no longer as exciting)
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Look closely at the parchment....you can see C.A. Bridges....
The Ballad of Firefly is at Cafe Press. For SALE!

This isn't you selling this stuff is it?

[ July 26, 2005, 01:40 AM: Message edited by: Narnia ]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

In fact, now that I think of it... there's his funniest stanza on a T-shirt!!

Chris. You're even more famouser than I thought!

(I'll feel really stupid if it's Chris doing the selling, but at least he got some free adverstising in.)

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
And I would assume that is the same Shmuel that Chris recently lured over here. [Wink]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

Ah. [Smile] Very cool! Well, there's the free adverstising I was talking about.

[Big Grin]

rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
The full product line [Wink]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

Yeah, I saw that. I think I'm going to get a license plate frame. [Big Grin]
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. That's pretty cool!
Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
Yup, those are mine. I didn't feel comfortable hawking merchandise here, but I'm more than happy to talk about it if someone else does [Smile]

I've actually made some money with this store, but I've sunk it all into buying other people's Firefly stuff so it works out. Coolest moment so far? Going to the advance screening in Tampa and seeing someone else wearing one of the Advance Screening T-shirts. I got her attention across the room and yelled, "Thank you!" while nodding towards her chest. About the time I realized that could be taken badly she looked down, said, "These are yours?" and then yelled "Your stuff totally rocks!" [Big Grin]
Then she sent over all the people who had been stopping her all night, asking where she got it.

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CT
Member # 8342

- posted      Profile for CT           Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome. [Cool]
Posts: 831 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought it was pretty exciting (despite your thread title disclaimer). I already sent the link over to several FireFly/Serenity fans that I work with -- in case they haven't seen this shop before...

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Bridges:
I got her attention across the room and yelled, "Thank you!" while nodding towards her chest.

[ROFL]
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Yet again, I am unable to buy one, since none of the T shirts have pockets. [Cry]
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
That is sooo cool. *impressed*

So, do I get to say "I knew him when..." even though we've never met? [Big Grin]

It's also cool that the only other person I know who has made actual money from a cafe press shop also lives in Orlando. Hmmm.

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
Chris, Do you know if cafepress makes patches at all? I've made a couple designs for Serenity patches, if you want them.

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
Sadly, they don't. I know another fan is selling patches, but I haven't seen anything set up through a servive anywhere.
Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

Suck. I don't like buttons, and stickers won't stay on my browncoat(not that I would try, after all the work I put into it).

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
kwsni, do you know anyone with a quilting or embroidery machine? They almost always come with software that allows you to convert a simple image to their file format and embroider it on fabric. I've made patches with one before, and they turned out quite well.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

I don't, or I'd be all over that. My mom and I are the only people I know that even know how to run a sewing machine.

I haven't looked aorund for embroidery places around here, either. They may have some help, though I think I'd have to order in some quantity to have them not cost an arm and a leg. Hmm.

Ni!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.