FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I got a job offer in Springville, Utah

Author Topic: I got a job offer in Springville, Utah
peterh
Member # 5208

- posted      Profile for peterh   Email peterh         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm happy for the offer and excited at the possibility.

Hopefully being there in the working class will be as fun as being there as a student. It's been 6 years since we left and we'll probably be moving shortly after the birth of our 3rd child.

/shameless self-promotion

Posts: 995 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
congratulations!

looks like a nice spot, next to the National Park...

What's it like there?

And tell us about the job!

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
There is work in Springville! [Eek!] [Wink]

Congrats, you guys! Maybe you will be able to make it out to some of our Hatrackian gatherings. [Smile]

Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats, and welcome to my neck of the woods!

In what capacity will you be working, may I ask?

Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peterh
Member # 5208

I will be a trainer for a software company. I am in the training business now, so this is a new opportunity in a new location, and I can make a lot of money on my house by moving from AZ to UT.
Posts: 995 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
Awwww man, you're leaving us for the mothership - no wait, the motherland!! [Wink]

Now is a good time to sell a house in the Phoenix area! [Smile] Good luck with the move and the new job!!

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations! [Big Grin] Springville Middle School has a great orchestra teacher...that's about all I know about Springville. [Smile] (I was just there this morning with my music ed. class observing and participating in the 6th grade orchestra.)
Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peterh
Member # 5208

13 days later I have a start date.

November 28th. (The Monday after Thanksgiving)

Which means we'll have plenty of time to have a baby, sell our house, and move in just over the next 2 months.

House hunting is in full swing. We are looking at Springville, Spanish Fork, Payson, and Santaquin. (Anyone wanna sell us a house?)

/update

pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh good, you'll be here briefly before I am likely to leave.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
Pat's moving, but I think he already sold his house. [Smile]
Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
And he lives in the other end of the valley.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
House prices in Springville are higher on average than in Spanish Fork. It gets cheaper as you go south. Santaquin prices are lower still, but the drive to Springville would probably take you upwards of 20 minutes on the freeway and on the road over to Springville.

Depending on where you live in Spanish Fork, you can get to Springville in 10 minutes or less without getting on the freeway.

We live in the older section of Spanish Fork, closer to the center of town. But Spanish Fork has lots of new developments to the west and to the east toward Spanish Fork Canyon. Area-wise, it's quite a large town. It's also very windy, being at the mouth of the canyon. The closer you get to the canyon the more windy it is, except for some areas down by the golf course where you are low enough to be out of the direct wind. But I like the town. We've lived here three years now.

Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
That's part of what was behind the smiley face.
Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peterh
Member # 5208

Pooka, that's sad...
and Pat too... [Frown]
afr and Brinestone, thanks for the tips...

My work would be right of the freeway on the north end of Springville, so yeah, it'd be 20 minutes from Santaquin and south Payson, 10-15 from Spanish Fork, and it could be that long from parts of Springville, depending where I end up. I'm totally open right now. Been viewing the MLS online and trying to get a feel for the market...

Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Pat's just moving to Orem.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.