FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Got Milk?

Author Topic: Got Milk?
Superstation
Member # 5775

- posted      Profile for Superstation           Edit/Delete Post 
Just wondering, because I appear to have outgrown my dairy allergy. Still react to eggs, though, and not going to give peanuts (well, peanut butter anyway) a try for another month or so, until I turn two.

And for those who care to know, my brother's feet are still doing ok. His hips and knees are even worse than they were last time we had a checkup, but the doctor said it was normal for them to get worse before they get better. He still doesn't seem to think surgery will be necessary, so I guess that's good.

I better get back to my nap before dad catches me. Bye!

Posts: 7 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I have milk. But Ketchup Princess won't drink it. She thinks it's yucky, apparently, and will drink water instead, thank you very much.

I think she may be a wee bit lactose intolerant.

Glad you can drink it now, and that your brother's doing okay!

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
Do you like chocolate milk? (Do your mom and dad let you have that yet?)

I think you'll outgrow the egg thing for the most part. My little girl (she'd be big to you-she's 6)- coudn't eat anything with eggs for the longest time. Now we can use them in our pancakes again, but she still won't eat scrambled eggs.

I'm so glad your brother won't need surgery!

Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
Great news! It's a happy thing that a lot of childhood food allergies can be outgrown.

I'm also glad that Mooselet is still doing well and that he won't need any more surgery!

You take good care of yourself, little guy. I miss you and your brother and had a lot of fun visiting you last year (and your mom and dad too, they're good people). Don't forget how to make those faces I taught you! [Taunt]

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
I have milk. It's Rainbow's most favorite drink so we don't dare run out.

And I must thank you for reminding me, because Rainy's annual checkup for her hips is coming up, so I should make an appointment. Glad to hear that your brother won't be having more surgery. That's very good news. [Smile]

Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unicornwhisperer
Member # 294

- posted      Profile for unicornwhisperer   Email unicornwhisperer         Edit/Delete Post 
I think our 2 year old boy's milk allergy has been outgrown... however he still has diarreah every so often. Should I be worried about that? [Confused]
Posts: 1417 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
My brother used to be lactose intolerant, but it went away. Now we're a milk-drinkin' family. I usually drink 1 percent, but they don't have it at my school, so I'm sneaky and mix the 2 percent and the skim together!
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miriya
Member # 7822

- posted      Profile for Miriya   Email Miriya         Edit/Delete Post 
My kids are allergic to milk. No sign of out growing it.

I have milk... in great quantities though. [Wink]

Glad to hear your allergies are improved and your bro is doing well also!

unicornwhisperer: does the diarrhea go away when you remove milk from his diet?

Posts: 251 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
uw- high fructoce corn syrup and wheat are other common offenders.
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
I have lots of milk, and always have. My parents have to increase their milk buying by over twice as much whenever I come home, because I drink so much milk. I love milk, and I'm glad you drink it now too [Smile]
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unicornwhisperer
Member # 294

- posted      Profile for unicornwhisperer   Email unicornwhisperer         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Miriya:

unicornwhisperer: does the diarrhea go away when you remove milk from his diet?

Sorry it took me a while to answer.
We thought the diarhea went away when we started to give him Soy milk... but he would have it every so often anyway and then we started giving him milk and every so often he has diarreah but not all the time...

High Fructose corn syrup and wheat... hmm I should keep a food journal of what he eats... even though last time I did it he didn't have diarreah at all. [Razz]

Posts: 1417 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Superstation, congratulations on getting over your milk allergy.

[Big Grin]

I hope you are planning a big party for your 2nd birthday. We need more cake!

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Carrie:
I have lots of milk, and always have. My parents have to increase their milk buying by over twice as much whenever I come home, because I drink so much milk. I love milk, and I'm glad you drink it now too [Smile]

Sounds like me...I drink more in a week than JenniK uses, and she eats cereal every moring (I don't eat breakfast, usually). [Big Grin]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pfresh85
Member # 8085

- posted      Profile for pfresh85   Email pfresh85         Edit/Delete Post 
Nope, I don't have any milk and nor do I want any. I've hated milk since I was a baby and my hatred continues to this very day. And no, I'm not lactose intolerant (in the physical sense); I just really hate milk.
Posts: 1960 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
I had milk earlier with Oreos.

I used to hate milk with a passion except when it involved cereal. But then I started eating this gelato in Rome called Fior di Latte (translated literally: Flower of Milk). And that made me crave milk. And now I drink it and enjoy it.

I know, that was a great story. [Razz]

Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Jenny's got milk!

[Big Grin]

I'm very glad you and your big brother are doing well, Buddy.

Boo likes milk. He gets excited when we ask him if he wants "cool fresh milk" in his cup. He also brings us his cup sometimes and says "Mooo!" It makes us laugh.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.