FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Best Movie Trailer..a game

Author Topic: Best Movie Trailer..a game
lem
Member # 6914

- posted      Profile for lem           Edit/Delete Post 
I nominate Shining--because it looks like such a bonding family film.

I also nominate the 1991 Robin Hood movie trailer with the Willow soundtrack--I wish I could find it. I hated the movie, but everytime I see the trailer I am compelled to watch it again. I just looks so good.

Maybe I don't want to find the trailer.

EDIT for punctuation

Posts: 2445 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
The RotK trailer may not be as good as I remember it, but I nominate it because it was received with such gusto...and I watched it every day for 3 months. [Smile]
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

- posted      Profile for Advent 115   Email Advent 115         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm, I say the trailers for Pitch Black. Watched so many of them I know the commercials by heart.
Posts: 1941 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
Rumor is that Brokeback to the Future is gonna be up for the Oscars.
Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. The Shining trailer DOES look like a family film. What a surprised when it turns out he tries to murder his family. Good fun!
Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lem
Member # 6914

quote:
Wow. The Shining trailer DOES look like a family film. What a surprised when it turns out he tries to murder his family. Good fun!
I'm glad someone finally saw that~! lol
I died laughing when I saw the trailer..it is the BEST trailer ever! [ROFL]

Posts: 2445 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lem
Member # 6914

I am really looking forward to Scare Marry. Marry Poppins always did give me the creeps!
Launchywiggin
Member # 9116

- posted      Profile for Launchywiggin   Email Launchywiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by lem:

I also nominate the 1991 Robin Hood movie trailer with the Willow soundtrack--I wish I could find it. I hated the movie, but everytime I see the trailer I am compelled to watch it again. I just looks so good.

Maybe I don't want to find the trailer.

I googled "Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves trailer" and found it. If only the things I wished for came that easily.
Posts: 1314 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
IIRC, the Prince of Theives trailer was somewhat of a landmark in trailer development. You know that scene were the camera follows the arrow? I understand that was originally just filmed for the trailer, but it was so popular that they put it in the movie.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
I posted my favorite trailer on another thread, and now I have to go find it...

The "Scary Mary" and "The Shining" trailers are great. There's also a "Sleepless in Seattle" that's really creepy.

*EDIT: Comedian

Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lord Solar Macharius
Member # 7775

- posted      Profile for Lord Solar Macharius           Edit/Delete Post 
The funniest trailer I've ever seen was the one for Jerry Seinfeld's The Comedian.

*EDIT: Damn you Nighthawk. Damn you and your Ninja Edit. *shakes fist*

Posts: 254 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Wasn't it the Two Towers trailer that had the Requiem for a Dream music in it?nI nominate that, it gave me chills for a solid year.

The Episode III trailer gave me chills for quite some time too.

If the 300 trailer didn't have mutants in it, I'd nominate that too. It's a sweet trailer until you get to that, at which point my reaction turns from "OOOOOO!!!!" to "OOOO...ehh?" I can't think of any other trailers that really gave me chills like they did, but I'm sure they are out there. There's just too many trailers to remember.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
I remember really liking the Count of Monte Cristo trailer and absolutely hating the movie. Can we give that an award too?
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Solar Macharius:
The funniest trailer I've ever seen was the one for Jerry Seinfeld's The Comedian.

Cute, but hardly "funniest ever."
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

You know that The Shining really had a trailer, right? Except it wasn't nearly this friendly.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by SteveRogers:
quote:

You know that The Shining really had a trailer, right? Except it wasn't nearly this friendly.
I remember that one: the elevator scene. Scared the hell out of me so much in the theater that, for the rest of the movie, I didn't put my feet down on the floor.
Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
I think it was perfect. That's such a terrifying movie anyway. It was the perfect trailer.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reticulum
Member # 8776

- posted      Profile for Reticulum           Edit/Delete Post 
This is for a game, but it still looks awesome.

World in Conflict:

ftp://ftp.sierra.com/pub/sierra/worldinconflict/other/wic_announce_1300k.wmv

Posts: 2121 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.