FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Blayne deleted the topic (again)

Author Topic: Blayne deleted the topic (again)
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
Now that Blayne has twice attempted to delete the entire article on Cherenkov radiation (presumably figuring that if he can't put his edit in, no one should get to see the article at all), the Wikipedia admins are on to him.

I don't expect he'll be able to cause any more trouble there.

Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sidasta
Member # 10580

- posted      Profile for Sidasta           Edit/Delete Post 
Oops, just noticed this new topic after I sent you an email Lisa. I'll just copy it here.

"Sidasta here - looks like the forum topic got deleted before I had chance to reply to it, so not sure if this is of any importance anymore, but I think you're right. I don't see how a list of literature or media that mentions that radiation is useful to anyone. Writers who made the radiation popular, or first introduced it, by all means - people who write about the radiation and base their books around that, yeah. Anything else, I wouldn't want it.

Personally, I think anything Halo-related is vastly over-rated but that's just the gamer side of me!"

Posts: 7 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
<lofts his mighty delete key on high>

Oh, and I just wanted to post this again:

Hail the Gods of Irony!
[Hail] [Evil Laugh]

Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalDornick
Member # 8880

- posted      Profile for GaalDornick           Edit/Delete Post 
I was going to post this on the other thread before it got deleted so I'll just post it here.

Blayne, have you ever been to the website Gametrailers.com? It's a site where all the trailers for upcoming video games are posted and you can create your own account where you get GameTrailer money for watching the videos, rating them, commenting on them, and, get this, writing blogs! With Gametrailer money you can get free video games or even consoles if you save up for long enough. If you post your blogs there you get useful virtual money for them as opposed to getting trashed for posting them here.

Edit: yeah, so it sounds like I'm trying to advertise for the site, but I'm just trying to spare Blayne (and the rest of us [Wink] ) from getting flamed anymore for posting his blogs over here.

Posts: 2054 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
Blayne, I'm pretty sure asking members to kill themselves is against the TOS. Maybe it's time to take a break from the internet and cool down.
Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sure their families and friends won't agree, Blayne. [Smile]

(making threats is not proper Hatrack behaviour)

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. Just... wow.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just_me
Member # 3302

- posted      Profile for just_me           Edit/Delete Post 
Blayne, some advice - delete your post and replace with an apology and maybe you'll luck out and not get whistled.

Seriously, what the heck are you thinking!

Posts: 409 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

- posted      Profile for MrSquicky   Email MrSquicky         Edit/Delete Post 
Blayne,
I think you very much need to take a break from the internet right now. Go take a walk or something.

You may want to do something about that post before you go though.

Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
On the other hand, Blayne, many of us have tried to provide you constructive criticism on various facets of your posting persona here, and while there are the occasional temporary improvements, you generally seem to backslide.

You also seem to be quick to feel deeply, personally hurt when someone cuts in on your fun, and seem to get to hysterics quickly over it.

To put it another way, was it really worth the drama to add two sentences to an article that at most provided a slight addition of information to said article? Because in any reasonable perspective, Blayne, those two sentences on on Halo, while possibly completely valid for the article aren't actually worth such a resistance as you've put up.

I would suggest that letting it go would be a more mature move. Sometimes letting others' immaturity speak for itself is more effective than stooping to their level.

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lisa:
Wow. Just... wow.

Expressing a wish that someone die shocks you, Lisa?
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theCrowsWife
Member # 8302

- posted      Profile for theCrowsWife   Email theCrowsWife         Edit/Delete Post 
Not that there's really much worth saving, but I have the first two pages of the topic saved. It's my standard reaction to the threat of a thread being deleted. So if anyone just has to read it, let me know.

--Mel

Posts: 1269 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
oh ya oh ya? Well geuss what its also not proper Hatrack behavious to constantly insult, ridicule, spite in the ey and shovel "dirt" into the mouths of other members, my patience is gone, I've been insulted for as long as I can remember I have no patience for it anymore, if anyone has a problem with me they can "depart".

[ June 19, 2007, 04:34 PM: Message edited by: Papa Janitor ]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Janitor
Member # 7795

- posted      Profile for Papa Janitor           Edit/Delete Post 
Quick lock while I compose a response, because I don't want to have to put up with more replies while I type (though it looks like the post was already deleted, wisely). (Edit -- well, the first post anyway.)

--PJ

Post-review edit:

First point of information -- I don't know what all happened in the other thread. When I saw it this morning I glanced at it briefly, but since it was a topic that didn't interest me, I didn't continue. Obviously that thread grew quickly, as I did get a few whistles on it, one of which would have been near the end of page three. But since the thread was deleted by the time I got home to see the whistle, all I really know of the thread is a couple of posts. Since I didn't see the rest of the thread, I can't knowledgeably comment on whatever happened there.

Blayne apparently deleted a thread he started. That's not against the forum rules, though it has been made clear in the past that many members of the Hatrack community dislike the practice and will comment on it as such. Blayne has to have been aware of this, but deleted anyway. I admit both to being frustrated by the practice and to understanding the desire to apply it in some cases. However, I don't consider it to require moderator intervention.

Lisa started this thread, and I understand the impetus to do so. While I'm not particularly fond of that practice, either, and I judge the threads individually, recognizing that it's entirely subjective whether or not the thread remains, and not always dependent solely on the first post, to determine whether I feel they warrant moderator intervention.

Blayne, several people in the past have encouraged you to post many of your thoughts to a blog, because it seems to them that you start a large number of threads that have relatively little interest to others. You've decided not to heed those suggestions (well, you did for a short time, then stopped), and so the suggestions have at times gotten a little less encouraging and a little more belittling. You have to make the choice whether or not to heed the advice, and as long as the comments don't violate the TOS I've tried to stay out of it.

The post you deleted in this thread was way over the line, and I'm glad you chose to delete it. The second, however, is also over the line. I do hear and understand your frustration (though that understanding is limited and guessed at without having seen the other thread), but responding with profanity just isn't ok.

Sorry -- I've been interrupted by children several times during this, so I don't know for sure if I hit all the points I wanted to. This thread is going to stay locked, and I'm going to hope (against hope, perhaps) that people involved can move past it. Maybe even learn something from it -- about themselves, or about others.

--PJ

[ June 19, 2007, 04:33 PM: Message edited by: Papa Janitor ]

Posts: 441 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.