FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Woman Shot Right Thru Head - Makes Tea

Author Topic: Woman Shot Right Thru Head - Makes Tea
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
How odd.

That said, if someone shot me in the head and the bullet went right through my head, I'd want some tea to calm down.

Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
If I'd have been drinking tea, it would have been all over the monitor at this:

quote:
Deputies believe that the couple had been arguing.
Somehow, seems like an understatement.
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
And to think, a gunshot to the head is usually such a decisive way to win an argument!

Seriously though, man, cool story. Cooler that she lived, no less!

Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow.
I'm glad she survived that.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Makes you wonder if the husband was simply trying to replicate the feat he had just accomplished. Or that he shouted something like, "Go to hell!" and upon not managing to kill his wife decided God had clearly taken sides on the matter.

This is my humor at its darkest.

--------
edit: Synethesia: I am too, but then again we have no idea what this lady is like.

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
In all seriousness, if you are considering a .380 for self-defense, just don't. Learn to use a stick instead.

Pretty amazing story, nonetheless.

Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
That was in April. Here's an update from June.

She does suffer long-term effects and she can't be as active as she used to be, but she seems to have a good attitude about it.

Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
That is so amazing! It's like some sort of magical or miraculous event, isn't it? Let it be a lesson to all would-be uxoricides out there! How will you feel when you're dead and your wife is recovering nicely? Think about it! =)
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mucus
Member # 9735

- posted      Profile for Mucus           Edit/Delete Post 
Tea, it's important [Smile]
Posts: 7593 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
That is so amazing! It's like some sort of magical or miraculous event, isn't it? Let it be a lesson to all would-be uxoricides out there! How will you feel when you're dead and your wife is recovering nicely? Think about it! =)
Seems it be more likely to encourage double-tapping than anything.

"Two in the head and you know that they are dead."

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

quote:
Tea, it's important [Smile]
No, I think the proper lesson to take from this is, "Tea, so awful you need to be shot in the head to want any."
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mucus
Member # 9735

Alternatively, she should be thanking tea for being so awesome that it saved her life. Or as an odd number of commentators on that original article call it, "God."
Posts: 7593 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

Seeing as how she was already still living when she went to get her tea, clearly it's undeniable that it wasn't the tea which saved her.

Even more clear is that it's probably the tea that stopped her from making a total recovery!

BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Indeed Rakeesh, or perhaps the instigator of this violence was tea itself. I can easily conceive myriad aspects of tea that beg serious contention. Which tea, when should it be taken, what should it be taken with, tea or coffee, one lump or two, cheese or crumpets? Yes, it's all too clear to me now that the mountains of painful decisions that must be made before serving tea could give rise to such passions as to render individuals unfit for cordial discourse. The presence of firearms and their reputation for finality, a reputation they of course so richly deserve, must have positively shouted for adherence.

In retrospect, one is forced to consider if perhaps the entire tea industry: drinkers, manufacturers, plants, et al, cannot be said to have physically pulled the trigger. The whole sordid affair can only be made worse by the notion that nothing has been done to prevent further acts of desperation. It strains the conscience, and offends the Christian sensibilities of any decent man or woman!

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

I would agree with you of course except for one thing:
quote:
Yes, it's all too clear to me now that the mountains of painful decisions that must be made before serving tea...
There's really only one decision to be made here: seek medical attention for whatever serious, mind-altering ailment has afflicted you and spurred you towards wanting to serve much less drink tea in the first place!
Mucus
Member # 9735

Oh, its clearly not undeniable because I'll proceed to deny it right now.

I deny it! [Smile]

Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
Whenever I hear about a murder-suicide (or in this case, an attempted murder-suicide) I always think- couldn't you have spared everyone some trouble and tried reversing the order...?
Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Whenever I hear about a murder-suicide (or in this case, an attempted murder-suicide) I always think- couldn't you have spared everyone some trouble and tried reversing the order...?
I'd guess that quite a few do, you just don't hear about them in the news.
Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Scan of her head showing bullet fragment.

I can't believe a NEUROSURGEON is spouting that horrible, completely disproven "10% of their brain" tripe!!!

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

quote:
Originally posted by Sterling:

Well in all seriousness, I imagine many murder suicides involve the person committing murder, something that is just so beyond what many think they are capable of. Then, in that frantic state, the reality of the situation sets in, the trial, jail, possible execution, the ending of everything that was or could have been good in your life, and as a means of escape you kill yourself.

edit: Rivka: and that after what 18 years of practice?

Rakeesh
Member # 2001

quote:
Oh, its clearly not undeniable because I'll proceed to deny it right now.

I deny it! [Smile]

Your denial doesn't count, because you're obviously not in your right mind. It's the tea talking, and tea doesn't get a vote, even if it's through the mouths of its poor pawns.
Mucus
Member # 9735

Just because my opinions are informed by tea doesn't mean I can't raise them in the public sphere.
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

Sure, raise `em all you like-but they still don't count:P
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by rivka:
Scan of her head showing bullet fragment.

I can't believe a NEUROSURGEON is spouting that horrible, completely disproven "10% of their brain" tripe!!!

Nu, let's be fair. It's not true in general, but it appears to be true for the woman in question. After all, look at who she married.
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mucus
Member # 9735

Of course they count.
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

Nope. Get your head out of the tea-addled haze it's in, and perhaps it can be explained to you. Till then, though, you're barely even a consenting adult, much less capable of understanding nuanced discussions of free will and counting!
Mucus
Member # 9735

I have to disagree. I will also subsequently accuse you of having bad stomach-reading skills.
lem
Member # 6914

- posted      Profile for lem           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Seriously though, man, cool story. Cooler that she lived, no less!
So it would have still been a cool story if she died? [Confused]
Posts: 2445 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

quote:
I have to disagree. I will also subsequently accuse you of having bad stomach-reading skills.
It stays in your system for years, like LSD or something. Unless you've completely flushed your system, its toxic influence will remain!

---

lem, do you really think I meant that, or are you just joking around with me? Anyway, I misspoke. Obviously I wouldn't be a cool story if she died, being neither a fan of homicide or domestic violence.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.