OK, call these wild speculations, but they are the things I've thought about repeatedly since going back through the series, and what the future could hold...
1. How long until the people of Path realize they are the logical conclusion of Volescue's research into Bean's issue?
2. The people of Lusitania contain Bean/Petra's children; with Novenia (sp) being closest to direct lineage, taking so much after Petra.. (come on, Portugese/Catholic when Petra settled in Brazil in the end?)
3. Are the people of the planet that speak in only genetic sequence's actually the conclusion of some of the children who went with Bean, just another track of humanity rather then a new species?
Those above just strike me as so true that I find it hard to imagine any other way..
That having been said, there are some things I see as problems that I can't sort out yet, like:
1. How does Jane stay unaware of Bean, who would also have an ancible.. I understand that Ender occupied her first 3-4 top priorities, and then Libo, but you'd think Bean would be an ideal match to communicate with her.. unless the hidden planet is where Bean chose to hide his kind
2. Could the cure for Path highlight the fact that such would be possible for Bean's children?
3. Total supposition: is Randi a member of Achille's "crew" from Rotterdamn? That's my suspicion. A reliable person who grew up on the street would be easier to hide.
Posts: 202 | Registered: Aug 2005
| IP: Logged |
Path indicates that the government continues the trend it began with battle schoolers: isolating individuals with extremely high intelligence. They've obviously figured out a way to splice in a gene that induces OCD-esque compulsions whenever a thought disobedient to the government occurs, but that's not necessarily related to Volescu's research, since it has no direct connection to Anton's key.
The Lusitanian population is referred to as "mostly black Brazillians," which suggests to me that they aren't Bean & Petra's children, given that Bean & Petra's children have some pretty diverse ethnic heritage. I think the repeated emergence of Brazil, Brazillians and Brazillian Portuguese is a result of OSC's familiarity with the place and the people, rather than a deliberate connection between Bean and Ender across the books.
I think the descoladores have more in common with Volescu than with Bean or his children - in SotG, the IF discovers Volescu was working on a virus that would turn Anton's key in every human being on the planet, thereby transforming them into a species with drastically different abilities and life cycles. The descolada seems to be a natural extension of this.
all Bean has to do to survive is last long enough in dilated C+ travel until Jane can snatch him up, take him Outside, fix him, and bring him back...
Posts: 484 | Registered: Jan 2005
| IP: Logged |