Hatrack River Writers Workshop Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Next, Please Introduce Yourself » heylo everyone

Author Topic: heylo everyone
will-o-wisp
Member # 2416

- posted      Profile for will-o-wisp   Email will-o-wisp         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah talking to people makes me nervous but I'm not really talking you now am I? I'm typing to you. So I'm not gonna stutter or say something unclearly so you have to ask me to repeat it over and over and over and then you get bored and walk away.
It's so awesome to be able to talk to other writers. Whoever came up with the idea for this type of thing is a flippin genius.
Well, I'm almost fifteen, rabidly love to write but am unable to feel good about what I write. I'm sort of a self critic. I want to make sure I can handle criticism gracefully so any tips you can give me on that would be great. I don't handle criticism well because I receive so much of it from myself.
I'm a little odd at times, but most of the people who know me well don't mind (pllllllt!! I am a hummingbird!! and that's why I would like to be president of Iraq. Thank you.) I mean, who doesn't want a hummingbird for president?
I also enjoy playing piano and guitar. I enjoy the company of other unusual people and I love to read other people's work so if you need someone to do that, I'm very willing.
So... yeah. Really, how are you supposed to end one of these things. I will end it with inarticulate sounds and random letters. plllllrrrr ciemvpsdfjlv hey it makes a word!!! Ciem muvup pusdef jeluv!! ummm.... pllttttt

Posts: 12 | Registered: Mar 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
mikemunsil
Member # 2109

- posted      Profile for mikemunsil   Email mikemunsil         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome on board, Will-o-wisp!

;lasdkjwemmnnmmm!

Posts: 2710 | Registered: Jul 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeraliey
Member # 2147

- posted      Profile for Jeraliey   Email Jeraliey         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hiya!

Welcome!

Posts: 1041 | Registered: Aug 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
rickfisher
Member # 1214

- posted      Profile for rickfisher   Email rickfisher         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome, will-o-wisp.

And try to relax. Everything will be all right.

Just take two pills and call me in the morning.

Posts: 932 | Registered: Jul 2001  | Report this post to a Moderator
will-o-wisp
Member # 2416

- posted      Profile for will-o-wisp   Email will-o-wisp         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah I get that reaction a lot. That and "What have you been smoking?" and "Are you drunk?" and "You're weird," and "Have you taken your medicine?"
lol I do not have any weird mental conditions, and I'm not under the influence of anything other than my mind. Wait... I take that back about the mental conditions. Hmm...

ScottMiller
Member # 2410

- posted      Profile for ScottMiller   Email ScottMiller         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
will-o-wisp: Don't worry. You're among friends

I've been there. Not for a long time, yeah, but I've been there.

In the meantime, Foont spwafjrd and some such. Potrzebie.

Posts: 132 | Registered: Mar 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
MrClean
Member # 1958

- posted      Profile for MrClean           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Will-o-wisp welcome. Listen, if there's something you 'feel' you need to talk to me about I'm here for you. I've been known to 'clean' up lots of messes.

Oh and; liiiaaseeediosi n njjjjjja;sieoZA:sldk

MC

Posts: 140 | Registered: Mar 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
will-o-wisp
Member # 2416

hehe i like you peoples

eilkc. plllltt pancake sdfdfohdfii

TaShaJaRo
Member # 2354

- posted      Profile for TaShaJaRo   Email TaShaJaRo         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Will-o-wisp - welcome!!
I remember being fifteen and it's about the worst age to be as far as self-confidence goes. Don't worry so much about what other people think. Just remember, you're not better than them but they're not better than you either. Everyone has good qualities and everyone has quirks. You'll be fine here.

Posts: 225 | Registered: Feb 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
goatboy
Member # 2062

- posted      Profile for goatboy   Email goatboy         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome, I've been 15 for the last 33 years, so I hear ya talkin'. Back then we didn't have 15. It wasn't invented until the decimal system started getting popular in the late 70's. Instead, when you weren't fourteen anymore we'd just say you were half-past ten. So, I've been half-past ten for a long time.

Everybody is a critic. All you can do is square your shoulders and trust yourself. Learning to deal with it is difficult, but something you must do. Imagine being Stephen King and reading a bad review on one of your books. Even if you refused to read it, you'd still know everyone else had.

Time will help you. With time you'll learn when someone means to help and when they mean to harm. Everyone here means to help. If you think someone means to harm, you can always straight out call them on it.

Posts: 497 | Registered: Jun 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
onepktjoe
Member # 2352

- posted      Profile for onepktjoe   Email onepktjoe         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi and welcome,

Don't worry about getting your work critiqued, the callouses build up quick. And, if they're truly harmful, 3 hearty plllllts! will banish them. You shouldn't have to use that thing too much here, though.

Welcome again,
Joe

Posts: 230 | Registered: Feb 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.