Hatrack River Writers Workshop Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Next, Please Introduce Yourself » hello - intro post

Author Topic: hello - intro post
Costa
Member # 2496

- posted      Profile for Costa           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello - my introductory post.
(oooh, this is exciting, I rarely post into online forums!)
I am male, 32, a University IT Officer in Australia, grappling with romantic issues such as Novell Directories, Windows XP and forgotten passwords.
At home I grapple with other romantic issues such as the mortgage, watching "Sesame Street: The Best of Bert and Ernie" (it plays on an endless loop in our house) with my children, and stopping my wife from falling head first into her dinner plate from exhaustion - the fun things.
(Actually, the time I spend with my kids, even the endlessly repetitive things, are truly fun.)

And so to writing - I have been writing pieces and such for many years, and have a number of stories floating around in my head, all of which I have promised myself to allow others to read, and perhaps become a Writer.

So, here I am.

I read, less than I used to, but still avidly. Orson Scott Card has, however, spoiled me for many authors - I have yet to find a writer who can approach his clarity and brevity - his works have become my benchmark as to how a good story should be written.

Thats it - thanks for your time, I look forward to attempting to participate in discussions.

Costa

Posts: 1 | Registered: Apr 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
TaShaJaRo
Member # 2354

- posted      Profile for TaShaJaRo   Email TaShaJaRo         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From one IT victim, er, technician to another...welcome!
Posts: 225 | Registered: Feb 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
mikemunsil
Member # 2109

- posted      Profile for mikemunsil   Email mikemunsil         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome Costa! I almost once got sidetracked into IT support but I was lucky and my life was saved. I feel your pain. Well, not really, but someone had to say it!

mikemunsil

Posts: 2710 | Registered: Jul 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
djvdakota
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for djvdakota   Email djvdakota         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man, we're getting a whole bunch of undersiders around here, eh?

Two now from Australia and two from NZ. Am I counting right?

Welcome from the north.

Posts: 1672 | Registered: Apr 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
Jaina
Member # 2387

- posted      Profile for Jaina   Email Jaina         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad to see you here!
Jaya

Posts: 437 | Registered: Feb 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.