FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Book Signing Tour

Author Topic: Book Signing Tour
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
Will there ever be another one? I know OSC is slowing it down a bit because his life is more important than pleasing his fans, but I want to know if he's ever coming to California.
Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kacard
Administrator
Member # 200

- posted      Profile for kacard   Email kacard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, probably. Look for something in November when Crystal City comes out.
Posts: 780 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amira tharani
Member # 182

- posted      Profile for amira tharani   Email amira tharani         Edit/Delete Post 
Does he ever plan to travel to Europe?
Posts: 1550 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steerpike
Member # 5179

- posted      Profile for Steerpike   Email Steerpike         Edit/Delete Post 
The unlikely state of New Jersey?...
Posts: 80 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Are you coming again this year, Kristine? I mean, he's nice and all, but.... [Wink]
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
Indiana?

*puppy face*

please?

Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

- posted      Profile for msquared   Email msquared         Edit/Delete Post 
He has been to my city at least 3 times in the past 5 years and I have gone to each one. I hope he makes it to Dayton again. He could come here on Dec. 17th for the 100 year celebration of the first flight. Remember, flight was invented in Dayton, Ohio.

msquared

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

Stupid cities with 600,000+ people . . . [Mad]

Stupid Sacramento is only 420,000 . . . There is a lot of fans in Sacramento, and there is a few in Philotic Web that live near me that I'm going to meet this summer.

OSC, could you go to San Francisco? I would make that drive! [Smile] [Wink] It's only 2 hours. [Smile]

Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

Nick,
Are you talking about where I live? Dayton is not nearly that big. We just happen to have a book store that has lots of authors come in for book signings. There is usually 2-3 each week. The place is called Books and Co. and they are owned by Books-A-Million, but when they were bought the agreement was that they would keep the name.

I am hopping he will come by again this time so that I can give him and Kristine another invitation to OrneryCon III in June of 2004.

msquared

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

Dayton doesn't have more than 420,000 people?
[Eek!] [Confused]
Hm, there is bookstores everywhere in Sacramento. One of the most notorius ones in California is probably in Oakland in Jack-London Square.

msquared
Member # 4484

As of the 2000 census the city of Dayton had just over 166,000 people. That does not include the suburbs, but the city itself. We are the birthplace of aviation.
The county has a population of about 450,000.

msquared

[ May 26, 2003, 01:29 PM: Message edited by: msquared ]

Nick
Member # 4311

Jeez, I thought it would be a lot more populated than that.
[Eek!]

Sacramento County has nearly 700,000 people.

blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
Just in case nobody picked up on it, I'd like you all to know that Dayton is the birthplace of aviation. [Razz]
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
What about Canada? Vancouver, OSC? Including the entire greater Vancouver area, it has a population of over 2.2 million, and it's never cold here, just wet. Bring an umbrella, or if you forget yours, I'll give you mind.

Pretty please? With a cherry on top?

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morpheus God
Member # 5183

- posted      Profile for Morpheus God   Email Morpheus God         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah! I've never been to one of OSC's book signings. Nick, I'm with you. OSC come to San Fran!!! I'd definetly go. Tell us when you go though, I dont want to miss it.

~Morpheus~

Posts: 30 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wiggin
Member # 5020

- posted      Profile for The Wiggin           Edit/Delete Post 
I've never been but if he has another he needs to come to Albuquerque mabey in Oct. during the Albuquerque Internationl Ballon Fista. Wait scratch that he couldn't get hatole then for years so he jsut needs to come to Albuquerque.
Posts: 397 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
France ? France is a beautiful country, there's more and more OSC fans here (I convert everyone ! )
Please ?

Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
Houston? Please, pretty please?
Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
I second the call for Indiana, unless he comes durring my winter break, then he should go to colorado! [Big Grin] [Wink] [Big Grin] [Cool]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yozhik
Member # 89

- posted      Profile for Yozhik   Email Yozhik         Edit/Delete Post 
Steerpike wrote:

quote:
The unlikely state of New Jersey?...
Actually, the Borders store in Bridgewater, NJ, is the second busiest Borders in the COUNTRY...(measured in terms of sales)

And we have the most copies of Harry Potter 5 reserved of any Borders, anywhere.

[ May 27, 2003, 12:21 PM: Message edited by: Yozhik ]

Posts: 1512 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yozhik
Member # 89

- posted      Profile for Yozhik   Email Yozhik         Edit/Delete Post 
Plus we have a boatload of good ethnic restaurants.
Posts: 1512 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
Houston has good ethnic restaurants, too! If OSC were to do a signing there, I would take him out to one! Really!

[ May 27, 2003, 02:01 PM: Message edited by: Ophelia ]

Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
c'mon, Vancouver BC has way lots of ethnic restaurants. In the west end of downtown vancouver, with a one block area of Robson & Denman, there are something like 50 restaurants of all sorts of ethnicities.

(It isn't called Hongcouver for nothing!!!! And white europeans are in the minority there.)

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm kinda counting on the fact that if he does do a signing, he'll hit L.A. There are a few restaurants there, too.
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildZBill
Member # 5185

- posted      Profile for WildZBill   Email WildZBill         Edit/Delete Post 
Orson, if you visit Sacramento, we'll have a Bar-B-Que in your honor. I really don't care if you sign any books, it would just be fun to talk with you for a while.
If you want publicity, we'll figure out something interesting. [Big Grin]

Posts: 37 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
If he comes to Chicago, all of the Wisconsin and outlying Indianas Jatraqueros are welcome to crash at my house the day of the event if it is necesary to stay overnight.

(Is itching to get in new house and start having people over!)

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
If he comes back to Orlando, he can go to Disney World. It's the happiest place on earth.
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morpheus God
Member # 5183

- posted      Profile for Morpheus God   Email Morpheus God         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think begging for him to come to a certain city or state will actually persuade him to go to that specific place. I suppose if someone wrote him a personal email or somehow contacted him and talked to him, you might become good friends and get him to sign some books without a book signing, and you'd get to know him too! Well, I hope you do do something sometime though OSC.

~Morpheus~

Posts: 30 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
esl
Member # 3143

- posted      Profile for esl   Email esl         Edit/Delete Post 
Nick and Bill: I went to OSC's signing in Palo Alto last year when Shadow Puppets came out. That's a little over half an hour from San Francisco.
Posts: 1056 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.