FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Bean and Ender

Author Topic: Bean and Ender
JoeNobody
Member # 9476

- posted      Profile for JoeNobody   Email JoeNobody         Edit/Delete Post 
This movie depends on the ability of two actors to essentially transform into Ender and Bean. Without good actors, OSC can just forget about his little hollywood project.

I'm all for this movie, but Card has to find good actors, or the movie fails. I am interested to see if he pulls it off. As for me, i would rather it remain a good book, the movie will never be able to accurately show all the angles of the book. The book succeeded because of the great storyline. If the movie fails, it will be because of OSC's bad casting.

Posts: 7 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theamazeeaz
Member # 6970

- posted      Profile for theamazeeaz   Email theamazeeaz         Edit/Delete Post 
I think they have casting agents do the casting.

If the movie sucks it will be because of a bad script. I don't think the script will suck.

Posts: 1757 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Princess Leah
Member # 6026

- posted      Profile for Princess Leah   Email Princess Leah         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't worry. I hear Jake Lloyd is on board. [Wink]
Posts: 866 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bk992004
Member # 9407

- posted      Profile for Bk992004   Email Bk992004         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Princess Leah:
Don't worry. I hear Jake Lloyd is on board. [Wink]

Thank God Haley Joel Osmet is too old for the role... That kid irritates the crap out of me.
Posts: 9 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pinky
Member # 9161

- posted      Profile for Pinky   Email Pinky         Edit/Delete Post 
"Thank God Haley Joel Osmet is too old for the role... That kid irritates the crap out of me."

Exactly! And Jake Lloyd is already too old, too. He would have been at the right age when he played Anakin Skywalker, but now...? By the way, how old IS he? 12?

They'll possibly cast thousands of children between 5 and 8, and we won't know any of them from previous productions. And there are quite a few talented children in the world, they 'only' have to be found. I'm sure, the casting team will succeed, if only because they MUST! [Wink]

It gives me the shivers when I think of those so-called child actors in sitcoms, though [Eek!] , but there's still hope. For example those kids in "Signs" (Kieran Culkin and the girl that played Bo). Very good casting.

I'd love to see kind of a River Phoenix-clone in the role of Ender, if only because I love this Chris Chambers- character in "The Body".

Posts: 262 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CRash
Member # 7754

- posted      Profile for CRash   Email CRash         Edit/Delete Post 
I vote Johnathan Taylor Thomas. He will be forever young in my mind.
Posts: 973 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
Writers don't cast big budget movies.
Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender will be completely CGI.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

- posted      Profile for MrSquicky   Email MrSquicky         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought Angelina Jolie was on board for Ender.

[ June 04, 2006, 11:57 PM: Message edited by: MrSquicky ]

Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aryei
Member # 9025

- posted      Profile for Aryei   Email Aryei         Edit/Delete Post 
No, Angelina will adopt Ender. And Alai, and Bernard, and all the little Battle School Launchies. She'll collect the whole set, a vertiable UN family to round-out the globetrotting tots she's already tagged :-D.
Posts: 18 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CRash
Member # 7754

- posted      Profile for CRash   Email CRash         Edit/Delete Post 
Wait...so Angelina is playing Graff?
Posts: 973 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elmer's Glue
Member # 9313

- posted      Profile for Elmer's Glue   Email Elmer's Glue         Edit/Delete Post 
While we're at it, why don't we change Ender into a girl too.
Posts: 1287 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.