FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Antons Key......A Theory (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Antons Key......A Theory
Aria
Member # 6699

- posted      Profile for Aria   Email Aria         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought about Path when I was reading about Beans situation too Little Doctor, I didnt think that Petra and Bean went on to populate Path (obviously) But i did think that maybe Starways Congress found Antons research and also Valescus and developed it to come up with the people of Path and because it does say that Starways did alter the genes of the people on Path and then built in the OCD into it to control them and it makes sense that their research was developed from Antons.

Aria

Posts: 19 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
*Bump*

This is the first thread I ever posted. I still have my theories about this particular subject, and since OSC is currently posting as much as I have ever seen him. I thought maybe he could clear some of this up for me.

Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theamazeeaz
Member # 6970

- posted      Profile for theamazeeaz   Email theamazeeaz         Edit/Delete Post 
I had been thinking of that exact same theory: this is something I want answered. Bump!
Posts: 1757 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I suspect that the plot of some of the recently-announced books will touch on these issues. [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andrew
Member # 7502

- posted      Profile for Andrew   Email Andrew         Edit/Delete Post 
dun dun dun
Posts: 67 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mazer Smith
Member # 7518

- posted      Profile for Mazer Smith           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, they kept studying bean's condition to help find a cure. It was being funded by the mind game, so it would continue for a long time. The idea was to make it so that the intelligence would remain without the size increase. Ignoring single gene traits for a moment and say it was possible to split the two. Let's say they found a way to do it. It would now be in the hands of ColMin. Starway Congress gets it, engineers it into certain people of path after more adjustments are made to add the OCD aspect. It's fairly plausible.
Posts: 2 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neh
Member # 7534

- posted      Profile for Neh   Email Neh         Edit/Delete Post 
But whats the motive behind starways congress experimenting with it on an entire colony? I've read all of the Ender/Shadow books and maybe its just because I havent read them in a while but did they give a motive in one of the SFTD/Xenocide/COTM books?
Posts: 11 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes. Welcome to Hatrack.

--Pop

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neh
Member # 7534

- posted      Profile for Neh   Email Neh         Edit/Delete Post 
Guess ill have to read those over again ^_^

And thanks!

Posts: 11 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.