FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Me and my friend are a little confused (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Me and my friend are a little confused
lurkerq
Member # 8236

- posted      Profile for lurkerq   Email lurkerq         Edit/Delete Post 
i'm still eyetell
Posts: 7 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lurkerq
Member # 8236

i'm still eyetell
Posts: 7 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lurkerq
Member # 8236

my bad
Omega M.
Member # 7924

- posted      Profile for Omega M.           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, I like saying things like "Me and him went to the store" too! I wouldn't write it down, but it just seems more natural to say it than "He and I went to the store." Not sure why.
Posts: 781 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
0range7Penguin
Member # 7337

- posted      Profile for 0range7Penguin           Edit/Delete Post 
Threads like this give me a headache. [Big Grin]
Posts: 832 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dab
Member # 7847

- posted      Profile for dab   Email dab         Edit/Delete Post 
I just have to add in that this topic made me think of a little town in Michigan in which there is both a LAUNDERMAT and a LAUNDRAMAT, but there is no LAUNDROMAT to be found.
Posts: 104 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CRash
Member # 7754

- posted      Profile for CRash   Email CRash         Edit/Delete Post 
We have a LAUNDREMAT by our place, and right now the first "A" has a burnt-out light, muddling the word further into LUNDREMAT after sunset.
Posts: 973 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Feiwaltan
Member # 7912

- posted      Profile for Feiwaltan   Email Feiwaltan         Edit/Delete Post 
i think i will start using the "me and my friends ....." in my writing just to pissoff those whowant to correct me, [Evil] i think it feels natural because we, humans are extremely selfcentered, tho (thanks to Mr. card)we may not want to admit it. just saying not that i want anyone to bring in stuff that dosent belong here. and to answer your question about why the Star Trek ship is on the cove, it probably was there to attract people that may have just started to watch the Star Trek on TV, seeing how other countries get entertainment far later than we do. that would certainly explain why they would put the ship from Star Trek on the cover. [Wall Bash] [Dont Know] [Hat] [Laugh] [Hail]
Posts: 29 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Feiwaltan
Member # 7912

- posted      Profile for Feiwaltan   Email Feiwaltan         Edit/Delete Post 
if you find any spelling errors on my post dont worry its because i cant spell that well.
Posts: 29 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erez
Member # 8282

- posted      Profile for Erez   Email Erez         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm from Israel and read Ender's game in that weird cover with the enterprise and also thought it was really strange and even refused to read it at first when my brother gave it to me because frankely I don't like Star Trek all that much... Anyway since then there had been 2 new editions in Israel, one with a picture of an anonymus spaceship and the new one in stores now shows a kid in a space suite playing chess. So you all can relax now, no one in Israel thinks Ender is a Volcon anymore.
Posts: 34 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ShadowPuppet
Member # 8239

- posted      Profile for ShadowPuppet   Email ShadowPuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
I just read this thread today so I'm a bit late

but in response to Mr. Card's reply...

pwned

Posts: 83 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TL
Member # 8124

- posted      Profile for TL   Email TL         Edit/Delete Post 
what the ...

Did you just write "pwned" on HATRACK?

Oh man.

Posts: 2267 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eyetell
Member # 8229

- posted      Profile for eyetell   Email eyetell         Edit/Delete Post 
Its gonna go downhill from here
*snicker*

Posts: 46 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
What does "pwned" mean?
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.