FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » PWEB wants to give you AN OPEN BOOK and the last copy of DOORWAYS!

Author Topic: PWEB wants to give you AN OPEN BOOK and the last copy of DOORWAYS!
CalvinMaker
Member # 2032

- posted      Profile for CalvinMaker   Email CalvinMaker         Edit/Delete Post 
The Philotic Web (http://www.philoticweb.net) will be having a contest from January 1st to January 21st in which you can win a signed, personalized copy of both Doorways and An Open Book. We can't tell you what you'll have to do to win just yet (wouldn't want anyone getting a headstart ;-)), but make sure you keep a lookout for the contest come January 1st.

Happy Holidays!

-Noah and the rest of the Pweb Team

Posts: 1934 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the heads-up. [Smile]

What's Doorways?

[ December 22, 2003, 11:31 PM: Message edited by: Miro ]

Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CalvinMaker
Member # 2032

- posted      Profile for CalvinMaker   Email CalvinMaker         Edit/Delete Post 
Doorways is the limited edition book that was released last winter, containing poetry by Card, as well as a new story "Dust", and some other short stories. Only the amount of Doorways ordered were printed, and it was a one time thing. i.e., this is everyone's last chance at a copy of Doorways, unless you manage to buy a copy from someone else who bought one then.
Posts: 1934 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
Wierd. I don't remember that. Lol.
Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grandma Edie
Member # 5771

- posted      Profile for Grandma Edie   Email Grandma Edie         Edit/Delete Post 
I moved fast, and got Doorways last year around this time. I was sufficiently impressed to rewrite some paragraphs of my last two chapters.
It is worth trying to get!

Grandma Edie, also known as Edith S. Tyson, author of Orson Scott Card, Writer of the Terrible Choice.

Posts: 74 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, contest details are up here. Good luck!

[The Wave]

Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Julie
Member # 5580

- posted      Profile for Julie   Email Julie         Edit/Delete Post 
Poetry? [Eek!] [Angst] This'll be interesting... [Wall Bash]
Posts: 981 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Exxxxxcellent.:taps fingertips together:
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Julie
Member # 5580

I have come once again to the conclusion that I came to a long time ago: I can't write poetry. [Wall Bash]
Posts: 981 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

Remember - technical proficiency isn't required! Just have fun with it!
Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Julie
Member # 5580

I believe it is required that the poem make some sort of sense. That could be a problem. [Big Grin]
CalvinMaker
Member # 2032

Only one week left to enter the contest!

Also, the success of this contest will help determine whether we hold any future contests (which will most likely not involve a poetry entry). So you might as well give it a shot. Nothin' to lose.

Julie
Member # 5580

I sent one in this week. Horrible poetry, but maybe it'll be desperate enough.
Bean Counter
Member # 6001

- posted      Profile for Bean Counter           Edit/Delete Post 
There once was a man with angina...

BC

Posts: 1249 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Julie
Member # 5580

Have a lot of people been entering the contest so far?
CalvinMaker
Member # 2032

We've gotten a decent amount of entries. Not an enormous amount though, so whoever enters has a very good chance at winning.

3 days left to enter!

Amka
Member # 690

- posted      Profile for Amka   Email Amka         Edit/Delete Post 
One more day
to take away
two fine books
with no big hooks
but to imitate
an author thats great.
He wrote poetry
of nice artistry.
Now try your hand,
rhyme your demand.
Don't be vexed,
just write text.

Posts: 3495 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

- posted      Profile for MidnightBlue   Email MidnightBlue         Edit/Delete Post 
How long until we find out who won?
Posts: 1547 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CalvinMaker
Member # 2032

Not much longer. The decisions have been progressing steadily.
pooka
Member # 5003

I can't even remember what was so urgent I didn't wind up entering anything. Oh, it was probably something to do with my Grandma's funeral.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

The winner has been announced, and the poem of the winer and the 4 other runners up have been posted. Check 'em out! And thanks to all of you who submitted a poem. We enjoyed reading all of them!
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

- posted      Profile for MidnightBlue   Email MidnightBlue         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm the last runner-up. That was more than I expected, I guess.
Posts: 1547 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Taalcon. Too often we take sites like Hatrack and Pweb for granted. You give us a place to rest our weary minds, meet great people, and now you are giving away free books. I just want to say thanks. [Smile]
Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Great contest. I loved the poetry. [Smile] That's awesome that OSC agreed to judge the entries.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

I liked the wedding one best. But since the parameter was "most desperate"... I guess it makes sense. Though based on that, I thought the limerick epic was more desperate. The latin one was amusing, I could almost read it.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.