FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » I just read Enchantment...

Author Topic: I just read Enchantment...
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
...again. For at least the 5th time, possibly the 6th.

This book is like comfort food for me. It really is! I came down with a nasty cold yesterday and spent the day in bed. What did I pull off of my shelf? Not one of the 600 other books that I haven't read yet. Nope. I took down THIS one.

Why oh why is that book so read-overable? Why does it give me the warm fuzzies no matter how many times I've read it?

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scooter
Member # 6915

- posted      Profile for Scooter   Email Scooter         Edit/Delete Post 
It's been a while since I read it (for the only time) and I remember having a question about the woman who left notes to the mother of the main character. Who was she and how are we supposed to know? (I think that was my question--like I say, it was a while ago--it seemed like she could have been one of the three(?) fairies but for some reason it seemed to me that other info in the book disputed that--perhaps the bad witch stating that they were dead--or was it only one fairy?) [Dont Know]

Does any of this mean anything to you? Thanks.

Posts: 83 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

She mentioned two other aunts besides Tetka Tila. I just think that Baba Tila was Tetka Tila (the third fairy if you will). I'm not sure if that means immortal, or if she just lived long enough to help fulfill her blessing on Sleeping Beauty (her blessing being that Ivan's mother would know the old magic and that Ivan would pick up the note that unbound the Bear.)

Makes sense to me! [Smile]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
what is this book about? [Dont Know]
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
SPOILERS!!!

It's about the real person that the legend of sleeping beauty came from.

And how she married a 20th centry Jew.

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
ok well that sounds just a little strange??? but whatever....now time to eat macaroni and cheese [The Wave] [Party] [ROFL] [Evil Laugh] [Taunt] [Kiss] [Monkeys]
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

He's not kidding. That's really what it is about. you need to read it. [Smile]
Scooter
Member # 6915

- posted      Profile for Scooter   Email Scooter         Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like I didn't really miss anything the first time...that it was a little vague in that regard.

By the way, loved the book...I don't know if I will ever read it again...I haven't re-read a novel before but maybe once I finish reading all the OSC books that I am willing to read (which is almost all of them) I may start over--who knows.

Posts: 83 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Szymon
Member # 7103

- posted      Profile for Szymon   Email Szymon         Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like it's worth reading. I hope I'll find it somewhere. Bookshops crusing's about to begin;)
Posts: 723 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.