FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Ultimate Iron Man?

Author Topic: Ultimate Iron Man?
Jay
Member # 5786

- posted      Profile for Jay   Email Jay         Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone know more details on the Ultimate Iron Man? Like dates? Number of issues?

http://www.marvel.com/publishing/stories/showstory.htm?id=12

It’s been a while since I’ve read a comic book.

Hey, this doesn’t count with best seller list. Wonder if they’ll do a signature thing here through Hatrack?

Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DF2506
Member # 6847

- posted      Profile for DF2506   Email DF2506         Edit/Delete Post 
Ultimate Iron Man is supposed to be a six issue mini-series and Andy Kubert is going to do the art. I'm pretty sure the first issue is coming in March. The mini-series has been described as "Book One", which makes me think that there will be other Ultimate Iron Man mini-series if this one does really good (*hopes*).

IMO, Andy Kubert is a really good artist. I think OSC and Andy should make a great team.

Ultimate Iron Man sounds to me like a can't-miss comic!

DF2506
" Can't wait to read this comic! "

Posts: 128 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

- posted      Profile for Jay   Email Jay         Edit/Delete Post 
Sweet. I’m looking forward to it. Heck I look forward to anything to add to the OSC collection.
So I’ve been trying to keep an eye out since I remember back in my comic reading days that it seemed like things came out early. But I have noticed all the other Ultimate lines. I’ve been away from Marvel since oh, 87 or so. But these seem to be stand alone. Iron Man has a pretty long history though. Does this mean Scott has been sitting at home reading old Iron Man and Avenger comics to get all the background?

Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DF2506
Member # 6847

But these seem to be stand alone. Iron Man has a pretty long history though. Does this mean Scott has been sitting at home reading old Iron Man and Avenger comics to get all the background? >

The Ultimate line is not part of the regular Marvel universe. So OSC really doesn't have to read old Iron Man and Avengers comics.

The Ultimate line is all about taking the characters back to basics (aka back to the beginning. taking away their history and building new ones), with new stories and a modern setting.

So Ultimate Spiderman stars Peter Parker aka Spiderman as a teenager in the 2000s. The Ultimates is all about the Avengers starting out in the 2000s and Ultimate Fantasic Four has the FF's early days in the 2000s.

From what I hear, the Ultimate Iron Man mini-series will be about Tony Stark (aka Iron Man) as a kid.

Basically, Ultimate Iron Man mini-series is setting up new backstory for the Ultimate Tony Stark (who has already been introduced in The Ultimates). It sounds like OSC is building the backstory from the ground up.

Should be pretty interesting!

DF2506
" OSC might read The Ultimates so far, but then again, he might not since he's starting out with the character so young."

Posts: 128 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aeroth
Member # 6269

- posted      Profile for Aeroth   Email Aeroth         Edit/Delete Post 
I hope OSC did go ahead and read "The Ultimates." Otherwise, he'd be creating a completely new character here from scratch. He might as well be clear on Stark's future if he's going to be writing everything leading up to it.
Posts: 121 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DF2506
Member # 6847

^^Thats true. Hopefully he will give 'Ultimates' a read or at least talk to Mark Miller.

DF2506

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.