FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » A Favor, Some Thanks, and a Flight Home

Author Topic: A Favor, Some Thanks, and a Flight Home
Pixie
Member # 4043

- posted      Profile for Pixie   Email Pixie         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, everyone. I know I haven't posted in awhile but I was wondering if I could ask you for a favor just the same.

Paul (BlackFox for the newbies) is coming back Stateside in a matter of days and I was wondering if you all could pray a little for a safe flight and return... or, as Paul puts it, "pray for missile-jamming systems and a safe flight".

You've all been so kind these past few months. Thank you for that, and preemptively for this last request. [Smile]

Posts: 1548 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jana at jade house
Member # 6101

- posted      Profile for jana at jade house   Email jana at jade house         Edit/Delete Post 
done and done

all happiness!
jana

Posts: 21 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, my brother is replacing him, so I'm sorry if I'm not tremendously excited.

My brother just (we're talking weeks here) finished a two year tour in Okinawa, Japan. We got to see him once during that time and now he's going off to Iraq for 6-8 months.

Okinawa was one thing, we knew he'd be safe, but we had to deal with not being able to see him or to really call him regularly. Iraq is a completely different game. We know he's despirately needed over there (he's an experienced generator mechanic and we know that there are lots of Iraqis who'd welcome his help in getting their power back online,) but we still reserve the right to be jealous of the time we get with him.

He's a pain in the butt. He's obnoxious (he is a Marine after all) and a chain smoker, but he's still my little brother and I love him. He stayed at my place for two weeks after he got back from Japan, and it was really good to see him. It was just like old times when we shared a room together in my parent's little house on S. 113th Street.

There has been some argument about whether or not he should be sent in command over at Pendleton. He shouldn't be going at all, but they need him. I'm glad someone has his interests in mind. I know that he wants to go, but that's because he has some lofty ideal about running and gunning his way through millions of "towel-heads," "camel-jockeys" and "sand-niggers." [Roll Eyes] @ little bro

Tough luck, Sam. I don't want you to go. I'm praying you don't go.

Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BYuCnslr
Member # 1857

- posted      Profile for BYuCnslr   Email BYuCnslr         Edit/Delete Post 
Pix, if you talk to Paul before his flight, and PC, for your brother, tell them to keep a dollar on them and then when they arrives, give it to a homeless person, it is said that if a person bears a gift for those less of fortune, the bearer will be protected until the gift is delivered.
Satyagraha

[ January 29, 2004, 09:21 AM: Message edited by: BYuCnslr ]

Posts: 1986 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aka
Member # 139

- posted      Profile for aka   Email aka         Edit/Delete Post 
What a great thought! I'm so glad that Paul is coming home. He is in my prayers, as always.
Posts: 5509 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
<prays for missile jamming and safe flights>

PC, I hope your brother doesn't have to go.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jehovoid
Member # 2014

- posted      Profile for jehovoid   Email jehovoid         Edit/Delete Post 
I was hoping that this was going to be a thread about a really wild one-night stand.

But this is almost as good.

Posts: 3056 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Done, and done and PC, prayers and well wishes for your brave brother too.
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
::sends out safe flight vibes to Paul and PC's brother::

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
larisse
Member # 2221

- posted      Profile for larisse   Email larisse         Edit/Delete Post 
*Good and safe vibes being sent to surround Paul and PC's brother in their journies*

Godspeed to them.

Favors like that are easily given. {{{Pixie}}}

Posts: 822 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
((((Pixie)))) ((((Paul)))) ((((PC's brother))))

Prayers and good wishes for all of you!!

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.