FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hatrack Jukebox

Author Topic: Hatrack Jukebox
Janger
Member # 4719

- posted      Profile for Janger   Email Janger         Edit/Delete Post 
Just curious about your favourite music. Type down your top ten songs or musical compositions plus their artists or composers.

Thanks [The Wave]

[ January 29, 2004, 01:00 PM: Message edited by: Janger ]

Posts: 48 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
We're not ignoring you Janger

It is just that I have so many different favorite songs, according to my mood of the day, that there is no way I could list a top ten on any given day.

So really this is a much harder question than I want to deal with today! [Wink]

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
I have been listening to Sting's "Desert Rose" (it is so cool!) repeatedly for a couple of weeks now. I would change the CD, but I left my CDs at work. [Frown]
Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
Here they sort of are in no order whatsoever

The Odyssey by Symphony X
1812 Overture by Tchaikovsky
Another Brick in the Wall by Pink Floyd
Lithium by Nirvana
Kashmir by Led Zepplin
Intergalactic by the Beastie Boys

Also, something by Barenaked Ladies and something by Sublime. I like those bands 'cause everything they do is so good, it's impossible to pick just one song.

And that's only eight of them. This list would be a lot easier if it was listing artists and not songs.

Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm..let's see here...

I am just going to list a few things that have been playing recently...

Audio Slave "Highway"
Nickelback "Figured You Out" I think I'd like this song even more if I were a guy..
[Blushing]
Perfect Circle (saw them in concert with NIN [Hail] )

I know there are a ton more but maybe I will add them later..

Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
BROADWAY!

OLDIES!

[The Wave]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Janger
Member # 4719

- posted      Profile for Janger   Email Janger         Edit/Delete Post 
I never realized naming a random favourite 10 songs would prove to be so difficult. This thread was simply a guise to fill my iPod. You don't have to name your all time favourites, just the one that you enjoyed, not specifically in any order.
Posts: 48 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Stravinsky's Rite of Spring

Don McClean's Starry, Starry Night

Patrick Doyle's Honeymoon theme from Frankenstein

The Kiss from the Last of the Mohicans soundtrack

Mozart's Symphony in G Minor (Mozart's in the clo-set. Lethimoutlethimoutlethimout [Smile] )

Footloose, the title song

My Cheeseburger from Veggie Tales

---

Is this good for now? [Smile]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arya
Member # 6160

- posted      Profile for Arya   Email Arya         Edit/Delete Post 
Nirvana is #1 for sure... followed by a little Greenday. I'm going to a Linkin Park concert in March... they're good too. Other then that, I can't really say, cuz I like a mix of things.
Posts: 68 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
Favorites are always hard for me, but I just got an iPod, so here are a few of my recent loves:

Dance With Me Tonight, from the That Thing You Do! soundtrack

One Week, Bare Naked Ladies

Your Body is a Wonderland, John Mayer

Don't Worry Baby, The Beach Boys

Someday We'll Know, Jonathon Foreman

Island in the Sun, Weezer

Some more artists/albums that are wonderful that I don't have specific favorites for:

The Beatles One CD

The Coyote Ugly Soundtrack

Dave Matthews Band

Jack Johnson

Kurt Elling (jazz)

Smashmouth

Moulin Rouge soundtracks 1 and 2

O Brother, Where Art Thou? Soundtrack

...that's enough for now. [Smile]

Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Koga
Member # 5646

- posted      Profile for Koga   Email Koga         Edit/Delete Post 
I like a ton of different music, my playlist of over 14 hours (the one on my other computer is 30 hours) includes such choices as "Another Postcard" by Bare Naked Ladies, "Wonderwall" by Oasis(which is playing right now), "Big Iron" by Marty Robins, "18 and Life" by Skid Row, "Adam's Song" by Blink 182, and "Red and Black" from Les Miserables. So it is hard for me to name a favorite type of music, but since the thread seems low on country I'm going to recomend any narrative song by Garth Brooks, for a few (few= a dozen) examples:
"The Night Will Only Know",
"In Lonesome Dove",
"The Night I Called The Old Man Out",
"Unanswered Prayers",
"That Summer",
"Callin' Baton Rouge",
"That Ol' Wind",
"The Beaches of Cheyenne",
"What She's Doing Now",
"Learning To Live Again",
"Ain't Going Down ('Til the Sun Comes Up)", and
"Ireland"

I especially recomend "In Lonesome Dove" but any of the ones on that list and plenty that aren't are really good. [Hat]

Posts: 733 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.