FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » 'Passion' Sparks Passion

Author Topic: 'Passion' Sparks Passion
dem
Member # 2512

- posted      Profile for dem   Email dem         Edit/Delete Post 
Mel will be so proud.

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/0304/18passionfight.html

quote:
A couple got in such a heated argument after seeing "The Passion of the Christ" that they were arrested for fighting.

The two left the theater debating whether God the Father in the Holy Trinity of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit was in human form or spiritual.

When police arrived at their home, the wife had ripped her husband's shirt, and he had punched a hole in the sheet rock near the stairs.

"It was the dumbest thing we've ever done," said 34-year-old Melissa Davidson.

Posts: 317 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sevumar
Member # 4420

- posted      Profile for Sevumar           Edit/Delete Post 
I saw that and thought, what a horrible thing to come to blows over.
Posts: 118 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luthe
Member # 1601

- posted      Profile for luthe   Email luthe         Edit/Delete Post 
Idiots do stupid things all the time. Gibson is no more responsible for this than Marilyn Manson was for columbine.
Posts: 1458 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe it's just me, but can't you see God going [Eek!] [Roll Eyes] [ROFL] [No No] [Cry]
Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T. Analog Kid
Member # 381

- posted      Profile for T. Analog Kid   Email T. Analog Kid         Edit/Delete Post 
yes.
Posts: 2112 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't forget [Wall Bash]
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
My friend, until a very short time ago, worked at the movie theater... she said that people stayed after seeing "Passion" and lit candles, and started praying, in the movie theater. I think she quit before it got to the fighting though. [Razz]
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
I heard this story in the car today. The announcer lead with, "And speaking of totally missing the point..."
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skrika03
Member # 5930

- posted      Profile for skrika03   Email skrika03         Edit/Delete Post 
The things couples don't discuss before they get married...
P.S. Though this reminds me of the fight my husband and I had when he got Robin Williams in Dead Poets Society mixed up with Kevin Kline in The Emporers Club.

[ March 19, 2004, 02:06 PM: Message edited by: skrika03 ]

Posts: 383 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.