FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Ajamations!

Author Topic: Ajamations!
Ayelar
Member # 183

- posted      Profile for Ayelar   Email Ayelar         Edit/Delete Post 
Heehee, so yesterday I did my first walk cycle, and I want to share it! It's not done yet, no facial animation, no mouse character, and it's only half of the scene, but it's a start! And it was so much fun! Especially the jiggle deformer, which automatically simulates fat jiggling. Yee!!

This is from a sequence where the elephant is walking on the treadmill, only to have the mouse gym owner/instructor sitting on the console keep turning up the speed. After a few speed increases, the elephant loses control and flies off.

http://thebogs.com/walk.html (4MB, but slow server)

And this is what this scene will look like lit and rendered:

http://ayelar.audiferous.com/archives/Poster.jpg

It's crushingly stressful, but this project is a blast. [Big Grin]

Posts: 2220 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
That is SO cool. I wish I could do that at all.

Are you going to go for an accordian splat when he lands or more of a splash?

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayelar
Member # 183

- posted      Profile for Ayelar   Email Ayelar         Edit/Delete Post 
In this sequence, the first of 3 treadmill scenes, he'll fly offscreen and make a crashing sound. In the next one, that someone else is working on, he'll grab onto the console with his trunk, and get flopped around on the treadmill. I think she's going for more of a squash with each bounce.... we'll see!

I thought I hated animating (versus modeling and lighting), but this is growing on me. I have no talent for it, but if I work at it enough, I get somewhere. If only we had more time!

Posts: 2220 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.