FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Rackademy Best Family Thanks

Author Topic: Rackademy Best Family Thanks
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Best Hatrack Family

1. The Mooses
2. The Ravens
3. DKW /ELJay/Bob/Lavalamp/posable man/smokey
4. OSC/A Rat Named Dog/KaCard

I would just like to take a moment to thank all of my fans for this great honor, for certainly, being nominated is in itself, honor enough for anyone.

And to be with such prestigious co-nominees. How in the world could we Ravens even compete.

The other nominees include "The Mooses".

Certainly they are the premeire Hatrack family. Sure, papa has an anti-onaism compulsion, but we can over look that. And sure, they were already honored by having being so predominately placed in Mr. Cards lastest book.

I am not saying that jealousy of that honor should ever sway anyone to not vote for the Mooses, but I do fear for Papa's humility.

He is a humble man, and with such prestige as being a majory literary character, coupled with this award, I only fear that it will all go to his head, starting a downword slide that might do damage to their great family. Yeah, while I love them all, perhaps voting for them may not be in there best interest.

And their best interest is what is most important.

And since I've never been accused of humility, the Ravens winning will have no dire effects what so ever.

Then there is DKW/Bob etc. They are the Romance of Hatrack. Such love and gentle caring seeps out of their every post.

Who could compete with Bob?

Who could compete with Dana?

Sure, some sticklers for legalities may point out that they are NOT a family yet. They are NOT married, and won't be married for almost a year. So, while they are a great couple, and between them may do a "LOTR" run of the other awards, but strictest definition of the rules, they really should disqualify themselves.

And finally, how could we ever dream of competing against the man himself, OSC and Family. Sure, OSC doesn't post here often, and Geoff is busy rubbing our noses in his trip to E3. But, they are the family that pays for, sponsors, oversees, and controls this entire forum.

While some may argue that this is blatant nepotism or some kind of favoritism. Some may even say that to give them the award is "Giving in to the man, man."

I say balderdash.

The Cards are good people. They don't care about this silly little popularity contest. KaCard will not determine who voted against her and punish them with banishment.

That's like saying she would banish anyone who won over her, and I say that is not so.

I will prove it. Vote for the Ravens, and when we win, we'll show you how gracefully and calmly she will take the loss, and how she will not, I repeat, not, banish me from Hatrack for winning.

Of course, I am not suggesting this just so we win this competition.

I would never do that.

No, it is only my way to prove the sweet and charming disposition of our hosts against the vile mud that some competitors would throw their way.

Well, thanks again for the nomination.

If you see fit, vote for the Ravens. We poor starving but well deserving family will look on every vote as a wonderous welcome gift.

However, I repeat, just being nominated was honor enough.

No, really, it is.

Now get that a@$@#$@#A$@#$@# camera out of my face.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Super Dan
Member # 4908

- posted      Profile for Super Dan   Email Super Dan         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh I am definately voting for the Ravens.

Dan's wit, not to mention his rugged hansomeness and raw sexuality has won me over.

Posts: 10 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Darth_Mauve
Member # 4709

- posted      Profile for Darth_Mauve   Email Darth_Mauve         Edit/Delete Post 
Swish, swish, by all I hold dear, namely one spiffy young clone named Bruce, I swear that the Ravens will get the entire Pink Light Saber weilding vote.

OK, I may not know much of family values, but I know what I like.

Posts: 1941 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

Oh, please, you are all too nice.

We don't really deserve your votes.

Well, maybe compared to the other "Families" we do, but, still, all your praise is just too much.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey... since when are the nominees allowed to do Survivor style winning-people-over speeches?!

[Wink]

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

What are we supposed to do, run adds in Variety?

Who reads Variety when all the best news is right here on Hatrack.

Although, there are a few news stories I think should be mentioned.

"Davis Family, a Reel family for these real times." From Fisherman's Digest.

or

"They (the Davis family) didn't pay me too much to say all these great things about them." from the Podunk News Source.

or

"I know Micheal Jackson, and Dan Raven is no Micheal Jackson." Littly Billy Gene, Sworn testimony in LA court last week.

on the other hand, my very worthy competitors have been in the news recently as well.

quote:
Despite decades of wonderful support and dutiful parenting, their son, Geoffery (Rat-named-dog) still has no real job. If you ask him what he supposedly "does for a living" he'll tell you the sad truth.

"I do Video Games." said Geoff.

Entertainment Last Tuesday.

or there was this news story

quote:
Posable Man in Romantic Fix. The famed Posable Man is unable to have a steady fulfilling relationship. Anyone who gets too romanitc with him winds up in jail. Why? Statue-atory Rape.

Inanimate Weekly.

but the worst story--

From none other souce than "The Star"
quote:
Pappa Moose was really a moose.

Due to a curse laid upon him by a witch, Pappa Moose spent a good part of the 1980's as an actual moose.

What happened? Well, in the words of Mr. Moose, told in a strange cockney accent, "I got better."

Dan_raven
Member # 3383

ps: VOTE FOR RAVEN FAMILY in the Rackademy Awards. There is a rumor that the Ravens are a bunch of LotR loving pirates.
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
I refuse to vote in any best Hatrack family election in which my family is not included. [ROFL]
Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

Well, the Ravens are adopting...

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.