FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hatrack Cycles

Author Topic: Hatrack Cycles
skillery
Member # 6209

- posted      Profile for skillery   Email skillery         Edit/Delete Post 
How often does Hatrack go through these cycles of enmity, confrontation, introspection, resolution, and group hugs?

Is it tied to lunar cycles, seasonal cycles, or release-of-new-OSC-book cycles?

Posts: 2655 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Nope.

Sometimes it happens really fast. The cycle that began with the OSC Gay Marriage Explisive Article (referred to as the OSCGMEA Cycle) was really fast, culminating in mass fluff and group hugs in less than 3 months.

Other cycles have taken as long as 9 months to complete, and some go straight from confrontation to group hugs without the fluff phase.

Someone needs to write a thesis on this actually. [Smile]

[ June 10, 2004, 05:21 PM: Message edited by: Narnia ]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Professor Funk
Member # 5608

- posted      Profile for Professor Funk   Email Professor Funk         Edit/Delete Post 
I think it's actually 28 days. And don't ask too much about it or you'll make her cry.
Posts: 99 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cochick
Member # 6167

- posted      Profile for cochick   Email cochick         Edit/Delete Post 
So those days we get DON'T PANIC signs are when she couldn't face getting out of bed or she'd rip someone's head off eh! - that's another level I can relate to Hatrack on [Big Grin]
Posts: 394 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
I thought this thread was about mountain bikes.

Sorry.

Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
No, mountain bike threads have titles with sexual innuendos. Hatrack introspection theads have very literal titles. It's just the way things are. [Smile]

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
Those aren't group hugs. They're post apocalyptic mutants huddling around a fire barrel for warm-

Ah, screw it.

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skillery
Member # 6209

- posted      Profile for skillery   Email skillery         Edit/Delete Post 
As long as we're bringing biological cycles into this, we know that people's cycles synchronize when they live together or work together, supposedy because of the pheromones they emit.

Is it possible that it's not just pheromones? Could we all be synchronized because we spend so much time on Hatrack? (I'm not excluding guys from the cycle thing.)

And we were concerned about a bloc of Mormons affecting the atmosphere here!

Pass the Midol.

Posts: 2655 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.