FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I finally watched Harry Potter...

Author Topic: I finally watched Harry Potter...
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
I watched it yesterday for the first time.

I loved it, it was great! I had read the first three books a couple of years ago, and enjoyed it. But for some reason, I just hadn't gotten aroung to watching the movies. *hangs head in shame*

Now I have to find books 4 and 5, and go see the third movie! [Smile]

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
I watched the first movie, didn't care for it.

Saw parts of the second under duress.

Still haven't seen the third one.

Sadly, I think the "Potter Spell" which held me enthralled has gone by the wayside.

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
I liked it, but I don't really see what the big fuss was about. It was good, but it's no LotR.
Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm jealous that you get to read #4 and #5 for the first time. [Smile]
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

The copies are all checked out at the library, so I'm going to have to go buy it... [Grumble]
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
There's a lot of room to be good an still be "no Lord of the Rings."

Even very, very, very, very good. [Big Grin]

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

Ya know, the LotR trilogy had it's moments, but overall I just wasn't impressed.

You may commence the flamethrowers now.

And we really need a "ducking for cover" smiley [Big Grin]

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

*torches Trevor*

[Hail] LotR

Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Trevor, have you read any of the Harry Potter books, or just seen the first movie?
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

I've read all of the books - I had #5 in my hands the night before it was released.

-Trevor

Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, okay, I misread your earlier post, and got all confused. I've got it straight now.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Azile
Member # 2312

- posted      Profile for Azile   Email Azile         Edit/Delete Post 
I found the first two movies a bit boring. I thought they adapted it well in terms of visuals and faithfulness to the books! but it just kind of dragged on and the only thing that kept me watching was sheer curiosity.

So if you like the first movie, you will love the third. I was excited about it because of the new director and I wasn't dissapointed at all. [Big Grin]

Posts: 181 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meruhesae
Member # 6698

- posted      Profile for Meruhesae   Email Meruhesae         Edit/Delete Post 
The third movie is *much* better than the previous two- I was too busy having fun watching it to care that the director changed/left out/added things. Best one so far.
Posts: 18 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, Eruve, I had no idea. I knew there was a reason I always liked you. Fight da man!
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

I just got books 4 and 5, but my brother paid for it so he gets to read it first. [Grumble]
FoolishTook
Member # 5358

- posted      Profile for FoolishTook   Email FoolishTook         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Ya know, the LotR trilogy had it's moments, but overall I just wasn't impressed.

You may commence the flamethrowers now.

And we really need a "ducking for cover" smiley

-Trevor

I have to admit something, too. I think Fellowship of the Ring was the best of the trilogy, and from then on out, the movies didn't seem to improve much. However, that said, they are still excellent movies and destroy the first three Harry Potter movies.

However, there are four Harry Potter movies left, and if they continue to improve so dramatically, Harry Potter 7 could be the masterpiece to bring the world to its knees. [Hail]

Posts: 407 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.