FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » cheap web hosting?

Author Topic: cheap web hosting?
ravenclaw
Member # 4377

- posted      Profile for ravenclaw           Edit/Delete Post 
So my best friend's mom is paying me to make her a website for her company, which I can do but there's nowhere to put it. She knows nothing about computers and doesn't have a server or anything like that, and doesn't understand that you can't just put a website anywhere you want without paying for it. So I need a cheap way for her to get some web hosting and possibly a domain name before she gets so frustrated she decides she doesn't want a website, any suggestions?
Posts: 252 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
larisse
Member # 2221

- posted      Profile for larisse   Email larisse         Edit/Delete Post 
ravenclaw,

You can try godaddy.com for the domain name registration. You could also use them for webhosting, but I would do research. Try looking through http://www.top10webhosting.com/ and http://www.tophosts.com/ to compare different webhosting companies. Do you or your client know what you want in a hosting company? What kind of scripting and web programming are you planning on using? What about databases? Make sure you look for companies that allow for a money back guarantee of more than 15 days. Not that you will need it, but it's good to know the company in question is willing to back up their service. Check out their uptime with the server. Check for reviews by actually searching for their name with Google.

Hope some of this helps. Sorry I couldn't me more specific.

Posts: 822 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
I use www.doteasy.com for www.princeclan.org

So far it's worked well - never been down when I've checked, and the admin tools were down for 1 hour 1 day so far.

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.