FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Tunguska Event Caused By Alien Spaceship, Russian Researchers Claim

Author Topic: Tunguska Event Caused By Alien Spaceship, Russian Researchers Claim
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Another scientist referrs to the Russian's claim as "a rather stupid hoax".
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ghost of xnera
Member # 3920

- posted      Profile for ghost of xnera   Email ghost of xnera         Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone who watched The X-Files already knew this. [Smile] "Tunguska" was a darn good episode, IMO. I think I might actually have it on tape somewhere.
Posts: 72 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gryphonesse
Member # 6651

- posted      Profile for Gryphonesse   Email Gryphonesse         Edit/Delete Post 
maybe they just want to attract tourists to Lovely Siberia...

I thought we'd determined that it was an asteroid strike? Oh well. ET, asteroid, at least they took some cool pictures. And of course an asteroid wouldn't ever leave behind any metallic debris... [/sarcasm]

Posts: 262 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Yeah, pretty much everyone is agreed on the asteroid theory. This sounds like a couple of people with a pet theory that they refuse to let die, despite good solid evidence to the contrary.

You know, I've always loved the sound of the word "Tunguska". I just relish the way it feels in your mouth as you're saying it.

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
So does the entire Russian language.

*swoon*

Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
Is that you, Wanda?

[ August 16, 2004, 12:30 PM: Message edited by: eslaine ]

Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
A comet? A piece of anti-matter?
Mmmmmm...

*hears pink panther music*

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Eric, are you rich?
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
I thought the Tunguska Event was a small piece of antimatter hitting the earth.
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eslaine
Member # 5433

Not even close. [Cry]
Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Have you seen the special edition of A Fish Called Wanda? It's supposed to have some good bonus features, including a fairly funny commentary by Cleese, but I haven't seen it for rental anyplace.
eslaine
Member # 5433

*drools*

Well, unrelated though it is, I picked up a collection of all Black Adders yesterday.

I forgot how funny they were!

Noemon
Member # 1115

You know, I've never seen Black Adder. I've eyed the collection at Borders a few times, but I've never quite wanted to spend the money on it, and my PBS station has never aired the show, that I'm aware of. Now that I'm renting TV shows that I missed the first time around, I'll have to make a point of getting that one.
eslaine
Member # 5433

It was worth it.

I got it at 25% off, so, yeah, it really is worth it. (Still convincing myself, that's money I could have saved instead. Oh, I'm soooo poooor!)

Noemon
Member # 1115

Somehow I really don't like owning DVDs. Isn't that odd? Books I buy by the truck-load, but with DVDs it rarely seems worth it. There are a few movies that C and I will watch over and over (We've probably seen My Cousin Vinny and French Kiss more than anyone else on the face of the planet), and those I don't mind owning, but for most movies it seems like a waste of money to me. I came to this realization after getting the FOTR Extended Edition on DVD for Christmas one year, watching it precisely once, really enjoying it, and then never putting it in the DVD player again. I'd rather spend the money on books, and on the occasional DVD that I will rewatch repeatedly.
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
So, the conclusion we've come to is that the Tunguska Event was the result of some comic accidents that began when a small worm of what may have been a man stated, "I have a cunning plan."
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eslaine
Member # 5433

And may have involved sheep.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.