FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Catholic Blunder

Author Topic: Catholic Blunder
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

- posted      Profile for Eduardo_Sauron   Email Eduardo_Sauron         Edit/Delete Post 
You see...because of silly rulings like this one , I left the Catholic Church years ago. [Mad]

Tsc... rice...wheat...who cares? [Dont Know]

Posts: 1785 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
There was a pretty lively discussion about this topic earlier. Check out this thread.

[Wink]

Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

- posted      Profile for Eduardo_Sauron   Email Eduardo_Sauron         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks and sorry.
Posts: 1785 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
Nah, never apologize for double posts. I do it ALL THE TIME.

I look forward to your perspectives on this wheaty subject.

Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
You mean you haven't read every single thread?

SAME ON YOU!!!! [No No]

[Wink] [Razz]

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Snicker. I know that was a typo Mr. Head, but I found it funny for some reason. [Big Grin]

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yarlenna
Member # 6784

- posted      Profile for yarlenna   Email yarlenna         Edit/Delete Post 
I have yet to see the church that doesn't make rules and rulings that seem stupid to me. I guess the problem is that churches are made up of imperfect human beings trying to talk to a perfect god. The biggest mistake I have ever made in my life was trying to go it alone without a church. As imperfect as churches are, they are the only alternative to going it alone. I think that if God wanted humans to go it alone, we would each be on our own planet. I understand that there are lots of planets out there.
Posts: 2 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Danzig
Member # 4704

- posted      Profile for Danzig   Email Danzig         Edit/Delete Post 
So do you stay in the church and ignore the rules you think are silly, or do you decide that any church with rules you do not agree with is obviously wrong?
Posts: 1364 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
Equating the Church with its hierarchy is like equating Americans with their politicians.

Should one should give up being American because one dislikes some of the laws, or disagrees with domestic and/or foreign policy?

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

Well...some does...

(Bobby Fischer) [Wink]

(Ok, bad example, I know, i know)

TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
To continue that parallel, do you in good conscience call yourself a Catholic when the people who decide what a "good Catholic is" tell you that they know what a Good Catholic is and you just don't measure up?

I hold American citizenship. I love my country. The politicians and special interest groups...not so much. But how do we define what constitutes an American?

At what point do you develop your own belief structure as it diverges from the mainstream belief structure? At some point, you have two groups claiming to be the "true believers" and the other guy is the heretic.

Wars have started over such discrepancies.

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.