FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I lost my 17 foot long snake

Author Topic: I lost my 17 foot long snake
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Oh Baby! This python's on the loose
BAY ST. LOUIS, Miss. (AP) — Baby come home. Keith Berg wants his 17-foot-long Burmese python back. Some tenants in his apartment complex and nearby neighbors are staying with friends or family until Baby comes home.

Berg said he called police for help when he discovered his 110-pound Burmese python missing on Thursday. The search continued Saturday.

Baby, an 11-year-old python, has lived with Keith Berg for about five years. He said the snake is docile and easy to handle. The snake ate sometime last week and should not be hungry again for another three weeks, he said.

The female python, brown and gold with black streaks, eats four rabbits at its once-a-month dinner, but the rabbits are killed before they are fed to Baby, in hopes that she will remain non-aggressive.

"If I'm around, I would say she would be fine," Berg said. "But if I'm not there (when the snake is found), I just don't know."

Berg said he noticed Baby was gone when his girlfriend left the bathroom door open.

Assistant Police Chief Dave Stepro said there was no city ordinance he knew of that barred owning rabbit-munching pythons or any other herpetologic species.

Police believe the giant serpent slithered through a floor-level access door in the apartment and may still be inside the complex. If the python managed to make it out of the building it could be anywhere, officials said.

Most of the homes on the street where Berg lives are raised about a foot off the ground and there is a large ditch at the north end of the street.

[ September 28, 2004, 02:25 PM: Message edited by: kaioshin00 ]

Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Polio
Member # 6479

- posted      Profile for Polio   Email Polio         Edit/Delete Post 
He can run, but he can't hide... I'm sorry, I find that endlessly funny, but I haven't gotten much sleep. *exiting thread*
Posts: 165 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Berg said he noticed Baby was gone when his girlfriend left the bathroom door open.
For some reason this sentence is very disturbing to me.

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Turgan
Member # 6697

- posted      Profile for Turgan   Email Turgan         Edit/Delete Post 
ditto with dagonee
Posts: 529 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
I imagine he kept the python in the bath tub most of the time (where else are you gonna keep such a huge snake?). But... who the heck wants to go to the toilet with a python watching you? Frankly I'd be scared shitless if I had to use the toilet in teh same room as a 110 lb snake!
Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

That would take care of you having to use the toilet, then.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
LOL that exchange made me laugh. Needed that.
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Dagonee read my mind.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

[Big Grin]
Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Thanks for the easy setup.
Alcon
Member # 6645

You're welcome.
plaid
Member # 2393

- posted      Profile for plaid   Email plaid         Edit/Delete Post 
Life imitates Carl Hiaasen again -- this was one of the subplots of his latest, Skinny Dip (neighbors accuse a man's pet snake of eating their poodles, etc.)
Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

...once again? What were the other times? And whats Skinny Dip? Movie? Book? Play? *is confuselled*

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.