FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Extraordinary Rendition

Author Topic: Extraordinary Rendition
Heffaji
Member # 3669

- posted      Profile for Heffaji   Email Heffaji         Edit/Delete Post 
As we all know, Congress has been attempting to get through a bill that is intended to implement many of the ideas in the 9/11 Report. I've heard a lot of complaining about some of the provisions in it and I came across this acticle in the Washington Post today.

Extraordinary Rendition

I can see where the idea might be slightly appealing if a suspect possessed information that would be crucial to saving lives, but the possibility that we could torture someone who is innocent makes me as sick as giving the death sentence to the wrong person.

I don't see what difference there is between just legalizing torture in the U.S and outsourcing it to others. It makes me wonder what else is in there.

[ September 30, 2004, 08:15 PM: Message edited by: Heffaji ]

Posts: 291 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
How's that for an attack on civil liberties? Well, human rights, strictly speaking. Not that that makes me any happier.
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.