FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » TAKEN: Sci-Fi Mini-series

Author Topic: TAKEN: Sci-Fi Mini-series
CStroman
Member # 6872

- posted      Profile for CStroman   Email CStroman         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, I did a search and it returned no results. That can't be right.

Anyways....

I watched this series on DVD the last couple of days. Has anyone else seen it?

I felt that the premise was good, but that the characters became too "cardboard cut-out one dimensional".

Also that they could have told the same story in half as many episodes and "cut the fat".

And the ending was totally anti-climatic and was more a "get this over with" instead of "I wonder what's going to happen" type ending.

Anyone else have any opinions on this?

Posts: 1533 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
We got the DVDs oh, perhaps in January/February and watched them then. We enjoyed it but with nitpicking. Unfortunately, I've got a goldfish memory (last 5 seconds only), so I don't remember what they are.

Does it help if I tell you it was filmed in Vancouver, BC, Canada, aka Hollywood North, with a lot of Canadian actors and such?

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought it wasn't that good, and waaayyyyy too long.
Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
I liked it but felt that the ending totally short-changed the beginning. I was pretty interested in it until the last episode (or two?) when I started feeling like the payoff wasn't worthy of the set-up.
Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Proteus
Member # 794

- posted      Profile for Proteus   Email Proteus         Edit/Delete Post 
Gotta agree. As amiable as the ending characters were i was much more gripped with their grand-parents plight during and just after the second world war. Though it is a good idea and i heard rumours of another series when it finally finished airing here in the UK but i can't see it being at all in the same format if there was one. Perhaps a two-part TV movie special might do better.

Though i loved the amount of contemporary actors/actresses that were thrown together - it was like "Hey, i know that guy" Wasn't till the second time through i noticed Julie Benz.

Posts: 200 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.