FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Expectant Hatrackers Thread

Author Topic: Expectant Hatrackers Thread
dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

- posted      Profile for dread pirate romany   Email dread pirate romany         Edit/Delete Post 
Please post when you (or your partner) are due, what number this is, if you have, or plan to find out, the gender, and of course, just chat about the joys of pregnancy......

Me- expecting #4, EDD April 19 2004, and do not plan to look betweeen the little legs.

Edit so no one thinks I am talking about toys that come wrapped in plain brown paper.

[ November 03, 2004, 02:34 PM: Message edited by: dread pirate romany ]

Posts: 1021 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

- posted      Profile for dread pirate romany   Email dread pirate romany         Edit/Delete Post 
Is that your birthday, adam?
Posts: 1021 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
What's a nubber?

Sounds. . . deliciously naughty.

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] Hold on for another week and we'll have the same birthdate. [Smile]
Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
Expecting #3, due date July 11,2005. Mr. Opera is already impatient to find out the gender, but I don't know yet. I told him that perhaps we should wait to worry about it till the baby has recognizable genitals.

Can I say that I can tell the man is going to drive me crazy at some point? He's very sweet, but very concerned. He called me this morning wanting to know if I was going to the dr. today. Umm, no dear, doctors don't want to see you when your baby is still a blob. He also said that I needed to start drinking lots of whole milk. Huh? I told him I had calcium under control. Oh, and during lunch he asked me 5 times if I felt okay. It's gonna be a loooong pregnancy.

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

Mmm, Sara, I think I'll pass on going a week over if I can. Once my due date hits, it hot sex and spicey food several times a day. (D'ya know a man can get tired of sex when his wife is just interested in his naturally produced prostoglandins?)
Arthur
Member # 4026

- posted      Profile for Arthur   Email Arthur         Edit/Delete Post 
I am all for not knowing what you are having - especially if it's your first child. Of course for my impatient husband/family they just had to know - so they found out and kept it a secret for 6 months. They even decorated the nursery and padlocked it so I couldn't see...
Posts: 153 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lost Ashes
Member # 6745

- posted      Profile for Lost Ashes   Email Lost Ashes         Edit/Delete Post 
Mrs. Sopwith and I are expecting our first. The baby (a lil gal) is expected on Feb. 28.

We decided that at our age, surprises weren't always a good idea, so we found out the sex of the child as soon as we could.

Now, to paint the nursery...

Posts: 472 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

We found out with our first two- a boy and a gilr- then decided we had all we needed so we would rather wait.
Sopwith-congrats!

MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

- posted      Profile for MaydayDesiax   Email MaydayDesiax         Edit/Delete Post 
*sighs* All you darn Hatrackers with your procration...

I want one... ::whines some more::

Posts: 873 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
romany. I understand completely. [Smile] (about the not waiting part, as I haven't been pregnant for the other, but it sounds fun)

I am stricken with the fervent hope that Lost Ashes is another pseudonym of Sopwith's. Otherwise, this could get dicey.

[congrats, Space Opera!]

[ November 03, 2004, 08:21 PM: Message edited by: Sara Sasse ]

Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whiskysunrise
Member # 6819

- posted      Profile for whiskysunrise   Email whiskysunrise         Edit/Delete Post 
We are expecting our second child. New Year's Eve is the edd. They are telling us that it is a girl.
Posts: 747 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats and best wishes to all the new mommies and daddies (and most especially to the repeat mommies and daddies that get to juggle an infant and a toddler and a school-aged and .... LOL)

Oh, and Space said:
quote:
Expecting #3, due date July 11,2005
My burpday!!! =)

[ November 04, 2004, 12:48 PM: Message edited by: Goody Scrivener ]

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lost Ashes
Member # 6745

- posted      Profile for Lost Ashes   Email Lost Ashes         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, this is Sopwith (I use this one at work since I was too lazy to write down all the info to use my screen name at both places).

And we're still working on names for the lil 'un. Right now, I'm big on Valerie Ann. But Molly and Devann have been popular (Devann being a blend of our Mom's names Deborah, Victoria and Ann).

Devann, I've been told however, is kind of a stripper name right now, so we might want to dodge that possibility right away.

Posts: 472 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lost Ashes
Member # 6745

Not that there's anything wrong with Strippers. [Big Grin]

But not my daughter. [Blushing]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.