FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » title for music...

Author Topic: title for music...
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
I need to get the headline for the yearbook music page(color guard, marching band, symphonic band, concert band, string orchestra and the guitar class *yes, all that in one single spread*) Trouble is, I cannot come up with something....I need help here!
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Intelligence3
Member # 6944

- posted      Profile for Intelligence3   Email Intelligence3         Edit/Delete Post 
The Pictures of the Sounds of Music [Big Grin]

[ December 10, 2004, 03:24 PM: Message edited by: Intelligence3 ]

Posts: 720 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
"Music is something that tickles our ears in a pleasant way" [Smile]
- definition of music found in a Romanian comedy

What's a "color guard", anyway?

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
@.@ Its kindda long....
I think it's a three word phrase...

Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

color guard are the girls with the flags on the parades and competitions.
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

look at the website here:
http://www.ghsmusic.org

Corwin
Member # 5705

Ooook...

As for the name:
"<Insert the school's name> soundtrack"

"Music to my year" (got contaminated from all the puns around here...)

"Sounds nice"

Hmm, I'll stop here... [Big Grin]

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Intelligence3
Member # 6944

- posted      Profile for Intelligence3   Email Intelligence3         Edit/Delete Post 
What's the style of the other titles? Are they nostalgic, serious, playful, straightforward, descriptive, punny, etc.?
Posts: 720 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JohnKeats
Member # 1261

- posted      Profile for JohnKeats           Edit/Delete Post 
What is the school mascot?
Posts: 4350 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

the school's mascot are the foothillers. Most other titles are nostalgic-punny.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the Melodies

Take Note/ Taking Notes/ Making Notes

*barfs at the cheesiness*

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

barfs too. [Big Grin]
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

@.@ I'm still stuck. I need more help here please...
I got all my text excempt the freakin' headline.
(we need a "the cheat in jail" emoticon..)

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Really, all I can think of is really cheesy stuff.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

maybe that stuff can help me think.
Corwin
Member # 5705

I know you said you wanted a short title, but I found this:

"Where words fail, music speaks"
--Hans Christian Andersen (1805-1875) Danish short-story writer, poet

on a quotes site.

This is a funny one, too long, but I thought I'd post it anyway:

"The trouble with real life is that there's no danger music."
--Jim Carrey from "The Cable Guy"
[Big Grin]

From another website:
"Music is what feelings sound like." - you could use: "What feelings sound like"

Honestly, I can't think what good "three words" title you could get... Could you post some titles from the other pages, please?

P.S. "Hell is full of musical amateurs." might be too harsh, right? [Evil Laugh]

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I'm still stuck on puns on "note" and "melody":

Students of Note
Making Melodies

Then there's "To Soothe the Savage Beast", but people won't get it, and it's not appropriate anyway...

Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

I wrote something like Pictures in Music.
But I'm still not satisfied...@.@

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Yeah, that doesn't really work in just three words.
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

Corwin, I liked the quotes you gave me, I'll try using it on the text though, all of them are too long for a title.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

What about "Soundshots"? You know, like snapshots of sound? That's really bad, isn't it?
Corwin
Member # 5705

:sings:

I can't get no satisfaction, I can't get no satisfaction
'Cause I try and I try and I try and I try
I can't get no, I can't get no...

:fades away:

Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

[Big Grin]
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Portraits in Music? Musical Portraits?

Porky the Pig Squeals? [Razz]

Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

Portrait is a better word than pictures...
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

"Portrait of a Practice"?

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.