FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Lynryd Skynryd

Author Topic: Lynryd Skynryd
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
One of the great American rock bands.....stayed right on the line between Southern Rock and Country music, I HATE [Mad] COUNTRY, the newer band isn't so good due to the death of lead singer Ronny Van Zant, but Jonny Van Zant has done a decent job in replacing his brother. Are there any other hard core Lynryd Skynryd fans out there? [Dont Know]
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fitz
Member # 4803

- posted      Profile for Fitz   Email Fitz         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not a huge fan. More of a greatest hits kind of fan. You know, songs like Simple Man, That Smell, Sweet Home Alabama.

I gotta stay loyal to Neil Young, and the southern man don't want him around anyhow.

Posts: 1855 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DocCoyote
Member # 5612

- posted      Profile for DocCoyote   Email DocCoyote         Edit/Delete Post 
Did'ya see them on Crossroads with Montgomery Gentry a few weeks ago? It was pretty funny to see guys who are country stars absolutely starstruck to be on the same stage with Lynryd Skynryd.

Every time I hear "Southern Man," I feel a little uncomfortable because I like Neil Young as well. Good gried, I really could get over it 30 years later (or whatever).

Lisa

Posts: 230 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DocCoyote
Member # 5612

Did'ya see them on Crossroads with Montgomery Gentry a few weeks ago? It was pretty funny to see guys who are country stars absolutely starstruck to be on the same stage with Lynryd Skynryd.

Every time I hear "Southern Man," I feel a little uncomfortable because I like Neil Young as well. Good gried, I really could get over it 30 years later (or whatever).

Lisa

Posts: 230 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fitz
Member # 4803

- posted      Profile for Fitz   Email Fitz         Edit/Delete Post 
The whole feud between Lynyrd Skynyrd and Neil Young is actually blown way out of proportion. I found an interesting website that covers the whole situation in some detail.
Posts: 1855 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DocCoyote
Member # 5612

Sorry for the dupe post. Got a network error as it was telling me to "sit tight..." I always thought the Neil Young thing was righteous indignation on the part of LS. Basically saying he shouldn't tar everyone in the South with the same brush.
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'm not a huge fan. More of a greatest hits kind of fan.
That. But the same could easily be said about Neil Young.

And I find it interesting that I saw this topic almost immediately after adding "the Ballad of Curtis Loew" and "Old Man" on a mix of mine.

Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Troubadour
Member # 83

- posted      Profile for Troubadour   Email Troubadour         Edit/Delete Post 
After having played "Sweet Home Alabama" at hundreds of gigs I can safely say that I would be happy to never listen to another Lynryd Skynryd track again.
Posts: 2245 | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.