FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Wow, I've had a great day!

Author Topic: Wow, I've had a great day!
dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

- posted      Profile for dread pirate romany   Email dread pirate romany         Edit/Delete Post 
The kids did schoolwork with out a single complaint.

I did an art project with the kids (I almost never do that,I hate messy art projects).

I made some soaps for a swap.

I scrubbed the mold off my bathroom walls, and aired the house for the first time in months.

I let Matthew cook lunch ( baked pancake) and managed not to interfere.

I got Brian a paper shredder from freecycle, so now he can get rid of those bank statements from before we met ( Sat is our 12th Anniversery) from another state. (No, I am not exaggerating!)

I really, really needed a day like this.

Posts: 1021 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

- posted      Profile for Jay   Email Jay         Edit/Delete Post 
[Party]
Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
[Cool]
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

- posted      Profile for Eduardo_Sauron   Email Eduardo_Sauron         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I really, really needed a day like this.
Don't we all? [Cool]
Posts: 1785 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judas
Member # 7355

- posted      Profile for Judas   Email Judas         Edit/Delete Post 
Isn't Freecycle the coolest?

Judas

[ February 03, 2005, 04:44 PM: Message edited by: Judas ]

Posts: 132 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
[The Wave] for dpr!
Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

- posted      Profile for dread pirate romany   Email dread pirate romany         Edit/Delete Post 
I LOVE Freecycle!! I got my crock pot there, and when I had a bed to get rid of, I had it gone within two hours, no effort on my part.
Posts: 1021 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Since I have been home, I watch Clean House and Clean Sweep regularly, and dream that someone will come and sweep us.
I did the Tupperware cabinet, though!
DPR, tell me the secret of how you got your husband to ditch the old statements. PLEASE.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Oh, and what is Freecycle??
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
larisse
Member # 2221

- posted      Profile for larisse   Email larisse         Edit/Delete Post 
Elizabeth...

Freecycle

I think that is what the others are referring. It seems like an interesting site.

quote:
The worldwide Freecycleâ„¢ Network is made up of many individual groups across the globe. It's a grassroots movement of people who are giving (& getting) stuff for free in their own towns. Each local group is run by a local volunteer moderator (them's good people). Membership is free. To sign up, find your community by clicking on the region on the right. It will generate an automatic e-mail which, when sent, will sign you up for your local group and send you a response with instructions on how it works. Or, go directly to the Web site for your local group by clicking on your community's link on the left. Can't find a group near you? You might want to consider starting one (click on "Start a Group" for instructions). Have fun!

Posts: 822 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

yep, that's what I'm talking about [Smile]

The bank statements are not a done deal yet, but all those times I have asked him how I could convince him to get rid of the statements, he says "Get me a shredder". Having done so, I expect him to hold up his end of the bargain.
(However,he has said nothing will concinve him to give up his high school textbooks or 15 year old D&D figures. "I might need them someday!" [Roll Eyes] )

SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
He might need them...you never know.....he could use them as projectiles to ward off level 5 demons.....that are under my control... [Evil Laugh]

oh ya and congrats about the good day deal....

[ February 04, 2005, 04:32 PM: Message edited by: SteveRogers ]

Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

ha ha. DPR, we had a "Clean house" moment the other day. i said i wanted his grandmother's hutch out of the kitchen so we could have open shelves or more cabinets. Without skipping a beat, he said sure, if i gave up my grandmother's kitchen booth-table. I yelled "Unfair!"

There is a Freecycle in the town next door. Thanks!

mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, freecycle is really fascinating. It's like a library for crud.
Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Salah
Member # 7294

- posted      Profile for Salah   Email Salah         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm glad to hear someone had a great day, because I sure didn't!
I have a need to be around happy people, probably explains why almost all of my friends are optimistic, peaceful, "hang loose" (yep that persons Hawaiian) upbeat, hillarious...

Posts: 44 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.