FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » We have a winner! ----No, we don't

Author Topic: We have a winner! ----No, we don't
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
Beren broke the bank on the last post thread:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted at (null):0 (tried to allocate 753573 bytes) in /home/httpd/vhosts/hatrack.com/httpdocs/ubb/forum/ultimatebb.php on line 245

[ February 12, 2005, 11:34 PM: Message edited by: Morbo ]

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DocCoyote
Member # 5612

- posted      Profile for DocCoyote   Email DocCoyote         Edit/Delete Post 
Does that mean we start over?
Posts: 230 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Coccinelle
Member # 5832

- posted      Profile for Coccinelle   Email Coccinelle         Edit/Delete Post 
*applauds*
Posts: 862 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

Sure, Doc... start a new one if you want.
Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
It's been broken for a while. Or is this something new?
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

So do others get an error message when trying to load the last post thread?
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes. There are back doors into it, but the last one I found broke, too, so I no longer know how to get in. There are ways, but my fu is lacking.
[Grumble]

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

Hmmm, back doors eh? Beren posted February 12, 2005 10:38 PM, somehow.
quidscribis
Member # 5124

A lot of people can still post there. Because they know how to get in.
Morbo
Member # 5309

Yeah, I just did. It wasn't too hard.
quidscribis
Member # 5124

Care to tell me your secret?
Morbo
Member # 5309

What's in it for me?

Seriously, though, I figured it out in a few minutes, and I'm no expert. Mess around with it a little.

Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

- posted      Profile for Mr.Funny           Edit/Delete Post 
Meh. I figured it out in about 5 seconds. [Taunt]
Posts: 1466 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
Christine must think we're so weird. [Smile]
Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

Mr. Funny, I was trying to spare Quidscribis embarassment due to her sad lack of fu---but it was the first thing I tried. Not exactly NSA level hacking.
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
If you guys' thread breaks Hatrack, so help me...

BANG! ZOOM! TO THE MOON!!

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

It could also be the browser I'm using . . . Or my sad memory leak. . .
quidscribis
Member # 5124

It was partially the browser. I can get in with IE, not FireFox. But once I'm in with IE, I can copy the url into FF and it works. Sort of. There are issues, yes, but . . . [Dont Know]
Morbo
Member # 5309

Oh, come on, Ry, what could go wron...WARNING***** WARNING***** CORE MELT DOWN IN SECTOR 7-G
urbanX
Member # 1450

- posted      Profile for urbanX   Email urbanX         Edit/Delete Post 
I got in just fine... [Wink]
Posts: 421 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

Do you like Firefox? I've been thinking of switching browsers from Netscape.
quidscribis
Member # 5124

I haven't used Netscape in so long that I can't possibly compare, but yes, I like FireFox, especially tabbed browsing. Well, heck, I like the fact that I can select which extensions, and therefore which features, I get to install. After using Opera, which was just prior to FF, I swore I'd never go back to non-tabbed browsing ever again. And I won't. FF Roolz, man!

Oh hey, Morbo, thanks. [Big Grin]

urbanX
Member # 1450

Netscape still has a browser?
Posts: 421 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

Hey, at least he's not using IE. Anything's better than that! [Evil]
Morbo
Member # 5309

I tried Opera and a few others but didn't like them.
This was a year ago-- I just got access at home again last week. I missed the internet so much! The library just gave me enough time to frustrate me.

urbanX
Member # 1450

Ok...I just made the switch to firefox...this better be as good as you say it is. Wow, only a 4 meg file. Isn't that the size of an IE patch?
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Mmmmm... Firefox.
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
urbanX
Member # 1450

Question. Which Tabbed browsing extention should I use?
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
Firefox is awesome, we just switched to it a few months ago. No more nudie pop-ups... [Smile]
Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

I just installed Firefox, and I like it. Probably twice as fast as Navigator, maybe more. I thought it would be faster but not this much. [The Wave]
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe one of these threads should be stickied so we don't get anymore of them.
Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

quote:
Maybe one of these threads should be stickied so we don't get anymore of them.
One of these? What, are you anti-thread? Is there something wrong with the color or race of this thread? Are you gonna beat up one of these threads the next time you see it coming out of a movie theatre or a bar? What's the matter with you anyway? Sheesh. The thread didn't do anything to you, so just live and let live already. [/rant]

[ROFL]

MEC
Member # 2968

What, are you against the spreading of information that the majority of the public seems to be unaware of?
Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

MEC, are you calling me a threadist ? How dare you!
MEC
Member # 2968

No...you're an...informationist!
quidscribis
Member # 5124

[Roll Eyes]

[ROFL]

MEC
Member # 2968

are you mocking me? [Mad]
quidscribis
Member # 5124

Of course! [Razz]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.