FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » That's my boy!

Author Topic: That's my boy!
dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

- posted      Profile for dread pirate romany   Email dread pirate romany         Edit/Delete Post 
Lats week we were driving home from the store and Olivia used the word "childs" as a plural. Matthew told her, "No, childs is not a word. Say children". Then he thought a moment and said "I just corrected my sister's grammar. But I hate grammar!".

The a few days ago a lady brought us supper and included a "jello and cream like product" dish. (you can tell she's not a member of our church, Lutheran's don't do things like that). My kids have never had jello, but Matthew was brave and decided to try it. While eating he asks my husband how jello is made...as my husband desribes it Matthew gets a look of horror on his face and says, "I just ate that? Ewww, I'm never touching jello again!"

Posts: 1021 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Wait... you're a Lutheran, but your kids have never had Jello? For some reason I'm not buying this. [Razz]
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

- posted      Profile for dread pirate romany   Email dread pirate romany         Edit/Delete Post 
Really! I cannot remember a church event where Jello has been served.

They've had lefse, though.

Posts: 1021 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
I sure would like to hear how your husband described the Jello-making process.... [Wink]
Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

"First they grind up some hooves and bones, then they boil them until they become gelatinous, then they add artificial colors and flavor and a whole bunch of sugar, if they use real sugar at all".
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
(that's enough to make an LDS quit eating it!)
[Big Grin]

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, I would say: "You get the jello crystals and add hot water and stir."

Today is one of those days when my lack of scientific intellect is annoyingly acute.

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
There's always room for ground up horses' hooves!®

(dkw's friend came up with that... I love it!)

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.